Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The job search trail has lead me all over our valley lookin for work. I walked into a place today that had filled its advertized position for a Maintence guy. I said, I still fill out the application in case he don't work out.

The Foreman asked me what I can do? I said, what do you need done :D He asked can you run a fork lift.. I said both Hyster and Clark and was workin on a Mark before this... he lit up :D:D He then asked, can you run a front end loader, I said yep sure can, but its been a while. I just told him that what ever you need done, if I can't do it, I will let you know.

He then told me just to stop the application he didn't care about previous jobs, cause he was puttin me to work startin Thursday morn, at 8am.

This will be a Mon - Fri 8 to 5 job :D:D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thank God for good news!!! It was a good day here, too-cold and windy and my inside work tripled......God don't forget us poor ole guys, does He!!!! :):) Oh, that "can-do" attitude didn't hurt a bit-they don't see it too often in the younguns!!

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Woot! You go JB! Before long, you will be back to stocking up on Rugers! :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
JB,
Way to go man! I told you it would work out!

How far do you have to travel to get to work?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
That's great...knew you could do it!

·
Registered
268 Posts
funny my old boss(my shooting bud) came by last week and was telling me how hard it is to find good/qualified help these days.
have fun and enjoy the new job.
pete

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Read my post in the Coffe Shop.... the roads were very slick yesterday morn from snow and ice. Bottom line, I'm okay after snow plowin someones field after I went thru their barbwire fence. New boss did not take kindly to me now being able to make it in, and so no new job.

I had another interview yesterday late in afternoon for better paying job, closer to home. I have another one this morning.... bottom line about the job that wasn't. If they can't understand things beyond someones control, they would not be a good place to work for no matter what. I wondered why they were looking for a full labor crew, I guess I know why now.

Sometimes the doors get closed for whatever reason, could be 1,000 in 1 of them, I don't know, and I'm not going to question why.

Things have a way of workin out.

It makes me think about a part in the movie "Quigly Down Under" where Crazy Cora and Matthew Quigley were beaten and left for dead in the Australian desert.

Matthew Quigley: I wish people would quit hittin me in the head.

Crazy Core: Don't worry, on a new job it's quite common for things not to go well at first.

Matthew Quigley: Lady, you're about a half a bubble off plumb, and that's fer sure and fer certain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts