Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I get the standard Charger and the adapter or just get the Charger that comes with the rail?

One plus is the factory rail model only has an 8" barrel. However the braces I've seen that will fit it are rather expensive.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,849 Posts
I have never researched it. My Charger is the older style requiring an adapter. You will have to see if the less expensive brace plus the adapter cost beats the cost of the bracket model Charger and the compatible brace. If you are concerned over the barrel length I assume you plan to mount a suppressor. If so just get whichever suits your needs. Check the various overall lengths of pull of the brace/adapter combinations to see what might fit you best for the occasional or situational times you might shoulder it.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,721 Posts
brute, OUTSTANDING rig you have there. Beautiful! Pics like that really get your hopes up for another project. rick

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thank you for the compliments. Keep in mind it was built to be functional, the gun lends itself to module into what you need. One of my favorites.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Should I get the standard Charger and the adapter or just get the Charger that comes with the rail?

One plus is the factory rail model only has an 8" barrel. However the braces I've seen that will fit it are rather expensive.
I finally decided to purchase a Charger Takedown Lite, which has a factory picatinny rail on the rear. I've looked at many braces, and all are pretty spendy as you've seen too. Even so, I'm leaning toward purchasing a FS1913 Folding Brace. Unfortunately, with all the pandemic buying frenzy, most all the online stores are showing they're out of stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
With all the part shortages and extreme gun buying during the pandemic, I had one heck of a time actually finding a SB Tactical FS1913 Folding Brace for sale anywhere! Searching high and low, I finally found a company in WA that still has some in stock, yet they're charging around $250 for the brace... which I went ahead and bit the bullet on.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Being a proud new owner of a Ruger Charger Takedown Lite pistol, I did a boat load of research and decided to go with the following setup:

JWH Custom Round Oversized Black Extended Charging Handle, TANDEMKROSS "Guardian" Bolt Release Plate, TANDEMKROSS "Shock Block" Bolt Buffer, SB TACTICAL FS1913 PISTOL STABILIZING BRACE, Ruger BX-25 .22LR 25rd Magazine (Two Pack), Feyachi RSL-18 Reflex Sight - 4 Reticle Red & Green Dot Sight Optics with Integrated Red Laser, MAGPUL MOE+ Grip, DB TAC INC Muzzle Brake 1/2”x28 Thread Black 2PC Multi-Function Compensator Sound Reducer, perched on the outstanding UTG Tactical Bipod that shipped with the pistol.

After getting everything installed, I'll be glad to share pics of my pet project!
Share that build Picture, when available.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well my Charger is in the house! I picked it up yesterday. Just over $300 in my hot little hands!

The adapter and brace are on order. I'm going with a SB4A as it's my favorite brace. I've got a couple of red dots sitting around that I can use on it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I picked mine up about a week and a half ago and went with the Copper Customs adapter and a SBA3 brace. I mounted a Bushnell TRS25 red dot from my 22/45 LITE and found it needed a 3/4" riser to bring it up to a comfortable sight picture.
This is truly one sweet little gun that is huge in the fun factor department. Not sure why I waited so long to get one.

Here are the results of the first four rounds that I sent down range to see where the red dot was sighted in at. (15 yards)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took mine to the range yesterday for the first time.

I've got a red dot on it.

At 25 yards with Agulia standard velocity ammo it will put 10 rounds into a quarter if I do my part.

The best thing though....was doing some action shooting. At 15 yards, using 6" paper plates I could put 20 rounds on four plates, 5 rounds per, in about 9.5 seconds from a low ready. My splits were running .2 seconds.

Since August is a carbine month at my local clubs defensive pistol match AND they are going to allow up to shoot 22 lr for score.....It's going to be a blast.

I usually place first or second with my Ruger PCC. The braced Charger is about 3 seconds faster than my PCC times. Spread that over 8 stages....

I'm really looking forward to making them sorry for allowing 22 LR for score.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts