Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The LCP II I ordered on 6/6/20 finally showed up at my local Sportsmens Warehouse today, so after picking it up I took it down the street to the Palmetto Armory indoor range to try it out. First thing I did was to run a bore snake through and gently lubed the thing. Then started blasting away.

First impression, is the recoil felt a little better than the LCP2 I had. I don’t think I’ll want to change grips, as the stock one works fine. I ran around 150 rounds through and am very happy to report not one shooting related issue. No FTE, FTF, jam, no dropping of mag, nothing. I did notice that inserting a mag into the handle takes a bit of a pop but improved after a while. It seems to hangup on the mag release. Works fine when removing a mag.

So now I have to new LCP II’s one in .380 and one in .22, both are keepers in my book.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol. Let the good times roll. :)

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I did notice that inserting a mag into the handle takes a bit of a pop but improved after a while. It seems to hangup on the mag release. Works fine when removing a mag.
That's a common break-in issue with this gun. Whack the mag home about 50 times and it will wear in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts