Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I very recently (9-5 I think)purchased a new KP95DPR15. I cleaned all the shipping grease and oil out within a couple days. Yesterday I loaded the magazines and stuck one in. The first time I pulled the slide back the gun jammed with a cartridge halfway into the chamber.
I shot the pistol for the first time this evening. It jammed once with the first 15. I inserted the next magazine and it jammed 6 out of 15 times.
This ain't good.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but all my guns can't be revolvers! But None of them can Jam! That's for me and the drums lol

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
What ammo?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't have a P95, but I've read of some P series pistols having this problem if the recoil spring is installed backwards. If one end of the spring is larger than the other, the larger end should go toward the front, if I remember correctly. Someone more knowledgeable than myself will be along shortly to correct me if this is wrong.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've had mine for 4 years, never any failures.........try all the above suggestions.....I use a little Mobil 1 for lubrication

·
Registered
947 Posts
same here, never had a jam in my P95DPR, and Mobil 1 works great.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My P95DCPDR is only a few weeks old but 150 rds so far with no problem. The first time I reassembled I did not "lower" the ejector and it, of course, bound up. I never "force" anything so it reassembled after I realized what was happening and everything is ok. I hope you did not damage your ejector. I agree with the post that you may have the recoil spring problem. I intentially "limp wristed" mine, at the range, because I want my wife to shoot it. I could not get it to FTE.

·
Registered
191 Posts
All of the above plus make sure you have sufficient lube, preferably a light grease, on the rails. Also look for a sharp corner on the bottom of the extractor hook. Use a small stone to round it off if there is one. A sharp corner will bite into the brass causing misfeeds.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Mine just went over a 1000 rounds at the range last night. It's been perfect so far.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK howdy again youall.
Last night I shot two 15 round magazines off with no problems.
My ammo? Remington UMC 115 gr metal case. I don't like cheap ammo and I don't use reloads.
I hope I don't have the 'limp wrist' syndrome, I reckon I should put my purse down before shooting! LMMFAO
Come to think of it the first jam on each magazine was while my wife was shooting. I purtywell bought the P95 9mm for her to have under her side of the bed cause she doesn't like the GP100 at all and the P345 is too much for her.
But it did jam while I was shooting on Monday also.
I'm going to clean it before I use it again and maybe it got over it.
I really appreciate everyone's responses and am happy to be associated with youall. Thanks! John

·
Registered
302 Posts
I had the same issue the first shot out of the P345. I don't limp wrist per se but. I reckon that was it cuz when I hung onto the thing it became flawless.

Thanks rman.

The grip seems slim on the P95 compared to the P89.

My cousin's Sig 226 was jamming on the UMC 115 grain loads. We traded out ammo as I had WWB and my P89 shot up 300 rounds of UMC without jammng and the Sig quit jamming as soon as that ammo trade happened. ::)

tk

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
quote:Originally posted by tkarter

I had the same issue the first shot out of the P345. I don't limp wrist per se but. I reckon that was it cuz when I hung onto the thing it became flawless.

Thanks rman.
tk
I don't want to make you feel bad tk, but that 345 has never failed for me. You just had .45itis for a second.
(and you're welcome :))

·
Registered
302 Posts
You can't make me feel bad Tom. I blamed me right away when that happened. :)

I had a blast shooting your 345 and 95. You are going to be the cause of me squandering my retirement savings and living in the dog house.

Not that I want to make you feel bad or anything. :D

tk

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have been asking in the (Gunsmithing section) about lubing the P95 but have not got any help yet. I see you folks talking Mobil oil with a little grease on the rails. That is just about what I was thinking. I manage my Keltec pistol in that manner. When I had a SW9VE a couple of years ago the manual only recommended 4 lub points. I just don't want to over do it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had a P95DC that would jam four or more times per magazine even though it would feed flawlessly when cycled by hand. I finally tried some 147 grain Winchester loads and the jamming stopped. I finally decided that the recoil spring was too strong for the lighter loads. After dropping in a reduced weight Wolf recoil spring, the feeding problem was cured. I still shoot the 147 grains loads because they seem to better a better fit for the Rugers than the lighter weight loads.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought about the spring too but I figured I would let the gun get broke in before changing anything. I also thought about heavier loads, which I have not tried yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have put 200+ remington UMC 230 gr JHPs. 100+ Blazer Brass 230 gr FMJ, etc, etc. thru my KP345PR with nary a hiccup. I believe if a gun is built right it will fire most anything reliably from round 1. It will not jam from 'limp-wristing' either. I seriously doubt that a gun needs break in time before it feeds and shoots reliably. If one of my guns doesn't work right within the first 25 rounds it goes back to the manufacturer for a warranty 'tune-up'. I wouldn't bet my life on a maybe. This is only my opinion-YOMV.
oldgungal

1 - 20 of 20 Posts