Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a PC carbine and I love it. I've only got two to three hundred rounds thru it at the moment. I've noticed besides throwing the brass all over the county, a lot has the case mouths are flattened on one side. It's an issue to me, as I reload. Do you guys experience this?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Do they look like the one in the picture I'm attaching? I'd like to find out an answer too.

I fired about 15 different types of ammo thru mine. The only ones that aren't dented when they eject are 115 Fed Hydra Shok.

Mine also can't fire 10 straight rounds without failing to go into battery at least once. Round is chambered, but trigger won't pull.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
IMHO, I wouldn't worry about it. Different rifles handle things differently. I have a SIG pistol that does the same thing. Never a problem.
American, that may be a magazine issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought a PC carbine and I love it. I've only got two to three hundred rounds thru it at the moment. I've noticed besides throwing the brass all over the county, a lot has the case mouths are flattened on one side. It's an issue to me, as I reload. Do you guys experience this?
I would recommend contacting Ruger CS, I had the same problem with dented brass going every which way.

They had me send it back to them and a few weeks later it was back with a new extractor.

Shipping was free both ways no transfer either. Packaged per instructions, brought to UPS, UPS returned it, adult just had to sign for it.

Each state has different laws on sending firearms back to the factory, Ruger CS will let you know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably just easier for me to buy a new extractor than send it back. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I have a pistol that dents the brass like that. If the dent is not severe I’ve not had problem prepping the brass. If I recall accurately, it was my Coonan 357. If you were to take a slo-mo when firing the gun I’ll bet the cases are striking the receiver when ejected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just finished loading 1200 rounds of 9 a bunch of which was sent thru my PCC and many had dents like that. No big deal. As long as they feed into the sizing die {none of mine were closed over enough to prevent that} they size and crimp perfectly. No worries.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just finished loading 1200 rounds of 9 a bunch of which was sent thru my PCC and many had dents like that. No big deal. As long as they feed into the sizing die {none of mine were closed over enough to prevent that} they size and crimp perfectly. No worries.
Thanks for that info!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Easiest way to solve that is change the recoil spring to MCarbo Extra power recoil spring. It will magically go away

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Easiest way to solve that is change the recoil spring to MCarbo Extra power recoil spring. It will magically go away

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk
I installed that extra power spring from mcarbo and it changed nothing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do they look like the one in the picture I'm attaching? I'd like to find out an answer too.

I fired about 15 different types of ammo thru mine. The only ones that aren't dented when they eject are 115 Fed Hydra Shok.

Mine also can't fire 10 straight rounds without failing to go into battery at least once. Round is chambered, but trigger won't pull.

Yes I'm having the same problem. I just got it, and I took my dad, and my little brother out to the desert, we got my dad the AR-556. His ran flawlessly, my PCC was running fine, but it was putting a flat side in the mouth of 15-20% of the brass. The gun ran well, but it was kinda bothering me seeing the brass come out like that, making me think something is wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts