Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across a .41 mag Super blackhawk 40-22029 already called Ruger customer service and couldn’t confirm it was shipped with a brass grip frame and was wondering what the chances are that it will come back positive if I send in the form.
Below is a pic of the last one I called on, they were able to tell me on the call that it did ship with brass frame and this gun is much older than the one from today.

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
That's a great pickup, what you have is a Blackhawk not Super. All the grip brass frames were of the Dragoon style. It is tough to letter an original brass frame revolver but according to research there was only 227 .41 Mag Blackhawks came from the factory with brass grip frames and yours falls into the correct serial number range in 1972.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey MM
Nice avatar ..
In early 60's our football coach wanted us ready to play ball so he got us jobs in steel mills, timber etc.
So I came back with a ton of $$ and bought a 59 vette ...mine was white, silver alcoves and screaming turquoise blue interior and top ..the wheel covers were the 2 wing spinner style
283PP with 4spd Muncie 373 rear originally but had been changed to 411 posi-traction
Turns out the 59 was the personal car of the owner of a pretty famous speed shop ...
engine had been CC'd , blue printed, ..202 valves and an Isky 505 roller cam and double pumper Holley on highriser intake
It was a terror ..never beaten in a street drag (I know not kool now or then either I suppose) it ate all comers including wedge HEMI (not a true hemi in my opinion) 427 vetts, 389 tri powers, Grand sports ..I never raced a pure Hemi but i drove one and I don't think I could have taken the full 426 true hemi ..I was tied once by a 59 chevy 409 tri-power but it turns out it was a special run all aluminum factory issue for track only (but was licensed) and I suspect the 409CID in it was not a regular crate engine

I sold it when Uncle Sam gave me an all expense paid vacation in 64 .

Man I loved that car then ..I'd shudder to think I would have to give up my Suburban and drive only the old 59 ...or even a 2020 Vette for that matter

Bear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts