Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just the 9mm I separated from a bunch I got. I'm guessing at least 3000 9mm cases here... Time to start de-capping, cleaning, sizing and priming... wish I had some bullets!

This was the first time I separated 9mm brass from 380 in the mix... what a PITA.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I’d hate to be in your shoes, it’s a PITA separating a couple hundred rounds of .22-250 and 6.5 Creed. Hint.....alcohol helps. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Every time I go to the range I bring home more brass than what I shot. I often find piles of both .223 and 9 mm brass there. Separating 9 mm from .380 is a pain. I usually stand them all on end so I can see the shorter .380's easier. That works better with my old eyes than looking at all the headstamps.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here's my trick to separating 40 S&W, 9mm and 380. I use plastic trays that come with ammo and shake the shells into them. The 40 S&W is taller and the 380 is shorter. Works really well.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice but I'm pretty sure I have it separated now... the pic in original post is just the 9mm. If any 380 did slip through I'm sure I'll find them eventually, as bubba68 said.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
I made the rookie mistake one time and ONLY one time of tossing 9, 40 and 45 into my vibrator at the same time. Somehow some way those little buggers found their perfect niche. Some even had the triple play 9 inside 40 inside 45 ... PITA big time ...

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I made the rookie mistake one time and ONLY one time of tossing 9, 40 and 45 into my vibrator at the same time. Somehow some way those little buggers found their perfect niche. Some even had the triple play 9 inside 40 inside 45 ... PITA big time ...
...............204's and .223's will end up like that too. Ask me how I know. :D

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Mark ... will 204's and 223's find their perfect niche? Rumor has it you have the answer ...😛😜😝 ...
Needless to say the .45's go by themselves anymore, the dang small calibers will have a ring round them. from being stuck.

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Always find the 380 when re-sizing or after seating the bullet and it doesn't look correct. There are always a couple that sneak by my old eyes.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That had to be a pain in the rear, but try and wet wash .223 and .45 Colt at the same time. Big mistake. .223 cases got stuck in the .45 Colt cases along with a bunch of the steel pins. After posting a question in a reloading forum on how to get them out, I eventually used one of those impact bullet pullers and they eventually separated. Had to do dozens of those. One thing for sure is that I will Never clean .223 and .45 Colt together again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts