Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used this website?

I tried signing up for it and never got a confirmation email back.

do you have to be referred by another member?

I like the idea of trading brass for free, especially with the expense of all the reloading equipment.

I've only been in one gun shop that sold once fired brass, and it was extremely cheap.

I'm guessing it is so cheap since you can buy new brass for what you can find online that has been once fired.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had never heard of that website until I saw this post. I registered and they sent a confirmation email right away so you might want to check your spam folder. FWIW the site appears to be a spin-off from Cast Boolits and even has a link to the other site on the banner. Anyway thanks for the heads-up, I am going to list some stuff there now.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
conformation email

I had never heard of that website until I saw this post. I registered and they sent a confirmation email right away so you might want to check your spam folder. FWIW the site appears to be a spin-off from Cast Boolits and even has a link to the other site on the banner. Anyway thanks for the heads-up, I am going to list some stuff there now.
I had to resend a email to try and get my username confirmed where I can use the website,

Reddit also has a brass swap page,

I have never used Reddit until now, there is also brass swaps going on there,

on company in texas is selling brass on that particular brass swap site by the drum, and you can only buy it buy the drum, which IMO is ridiculous.

if I could trade brass I wouldn't buy any.

·
Banned
1,940 Posts
Cool, thanks for letting me know about this website for trading brass. I pick up brass at my local shooting range and have been trying to trade the stuff I don't want for stuff I do want. I've been using armslist and a facebook group called the brass bank.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
For another option, be aware that Xtreme's Bullets & Freedom Munitions both have a brass trade in program. They will take brass for anything they reload.

You can get more info on their websites. They pay around $2.50 a pound, but it fluctuates with the market. If you collect brass you don't use, 50 lbs. of it can get you 1,000 for almost nothing. The credit can not exceed your purchase.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
freedom muntions

For another option, be aware that Xtreme's Bullets & Freedom Munitions both have a brass trade in program. They will take brass for anything they reload.

You can get more info on their websites. They pay around $2.50 a pound, but it fluctuates with the market. If you collect brass you don't use, 50 lbs. of it can get you 1,000 for almost nothing. The credit can not exceed your purchase.

but the credit can only be used to buy more ammo.

the only upside to that, would be if you could get a good deal on some once fired cases in bulk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts