Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Is it really an introduction if I don't use my name?)

Greetings to all. I'm a new member and just purchased my first handgun, a new Vaquero in .357, blued, with the 5.5" barrel. I've shot pistols for a few years, just haven't owned any. I'm into anything mechanical and inherently dangerous, especially if I can fly it, drive it, or make something with it. Certain machines just look RIGHT and to me, the Vaquero is one of those machines. Before you assume I'm just another older gentleman suffering from nostalgia, I'll inform you I've just entered my 30's... but I feel old! The new guys at work are beginning to look young!

I'm not really interested in participating in Cowboy Action, as my day job is a competition. I'll use this gun for trips to the local range to try an improve on my marksmanship and have some fun. I could probably get talked into a small reloading/handloading setup as well, but I'm getting better (slightly) at keeping myself from drowning in too many hobbies at once.

I tend to lurk around forums unless I have a specific problem or can provide a different solution or point of view to a topic. Hopefully I can provide more than I take. I took a quick look around and there seems to be much more of a spirit of cooperation here than many internet forums I've checked on. Congratulations on remaining civilized!

Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome---happy lurkin'---stop by the Tavern to the Early Risers' Coffee Shop and the first cup's on me....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee. I predict that you will find yourself doing less lurking and more
participating here on this forum. This is a great group of fine people.Glad to have you with us.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Welcome aboard. Glad you're here. Just make yourself at home and enjoy the Board. We are always glad to get members that want to have a friendly and civilized place to hang out.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome. I think you'll find this a comfortable place to hang out.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
welcome from LA without disdain. Hope you find the camaraderie and atmosphere to your liking. Join in the dialogue anytime.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Welcome, a Vaquero eh, good for you, That was my first real gun too, 'sept mine is the older model, been shootin shootin irons in the revolver configureation since '05 enjoy the heck outta it hope you have as much fun!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya with us

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.