Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here tried the product bright sights on their p series rugers? I bought this product from Brownells and having a rough time working with it. LIke pinpointing the dots correctly. Any help is most welcomed thank you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have it applied to both my Ruger P's. First time I had the Wife do it since she is much better at painting.
Second time I did it. It was really quite easy.
I used a toothpick to pick up a drop of paint and dabbed the deepest part in the sight. Next drop I just touched the top of the first layer and kept doing this until the paint was level with the surface of the sight.
Continue to hold the gun barrel down for a few minutes. The paint will level off and concave a little. Don't worry if you get a little bit of paint on the surrounding area of the sight. It is a rubbery substance and will peal off with light pressure from your finger without disturbing the paint covering the white dot.

A word of caution. This stuff rubs off easily from hard surfaces but will stain fabric.

I don't know if you purchased the ghost glow, I did and didn't like it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried it on my P97...didn't stick well and needed to be redone often. I had a hard time seeing the 3dot sights so I bought the XS Big Dots...wow! I can see in all light conditions...and I can hit what I'm aiming at real fast.

Sorry I can't be more positive about the bright sights or other paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts