Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with Brimstone Gunsmithing in Washington?

I'm considering getting some trigger work done on my stock 10/22, and looking at their Tier 2 trigger work. They install a new trigger and modify the existing trigger group. I purchased my wood stock, base model 10/22 on sale for $199.98 so trying not to put more into a Volquartsen trigger group than I have in the firearm itself.

If you considered Brimstone but went with another smith for 10/22 trigger work what was your reasoning?

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,619 Posts
I had good luck with Brimstone. I have two 10/22 rifles. One wears a heavy barrel, Hogue stock, and a BX trigger. The other is still almost stock. It looks almost like it did when I got it in the 1980's. It has the later type mag release for convenience, and a butt pad to increase length of pull for a better fit. I liked the idea of just improving the stock trigger group. A Tier 3 job was inexpensive and turn around was quick. I was and am very satisfied. I recommend them based on my experience. I hope you have the same positive results. Have fun shooting your 10/22!

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Brimstone is a supporter at RimfireCentral, has tons of reviews and all are 100% positive. Never seen even one complaint.

·
Registered
11,197 Posts

I'm considering getting some trigger work done on my stock 10/22, and looking at their Tier 2 trigger work. They install a new trigger and modify the existing trigger group. I purchased my wood stock, base model 10/22 on sale for $199.98 so trying not to put more into a Volquartsen trigger group than I have in the firearm itself.

If you considered Brimstone but went with another smith for 10/22 trigger work what was your reasoning?
I picked up a used 10/22 with scope for roughly $150 last year. I wanted a trigger job done and I just couldn't see putting in a trigger assembly that cost more than the gun itself. I was concerned about the Ruger BX trigger assembly being polymer .... someone here on the forum suggested Brimstone, so I had the tier 2 trigger done and I haven't looked back. I give them two thumbs up ... just make sure you send it with tracking info ...

·
Registered
445 Posts

Yes, I just had a Tier 2 job done on my 1988 vintage 10/22 trigger. The trigger came out just as advertised in their website and video. Trigger breaks @ 2.25 pounds with no grit or creep.

The original trigger was over 5 pounds and excessively gritty and creepy.

Very pleased, and would recommend Brimstone.

Bayou52

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a tier 1 it is $32.50 more than tier two. I like it crisp clean break. My other 10/22 trigger is a $200 Kidd single stage. I am not a fan of take up in triggers so you might consider spending the $32 as you will pull that trigger many thousands of times. Brimstone turned my trigger around in about a week I would buy another.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I also bought a basic $200 wood-stocked 10/22 about two years ago. After shooting it the first time, I sent the trigger group off to Brimstone for a Tier 3 massage. Came back quickly, with a 2.5# pull, much smoother. Plus the bolt release mod. A significant improvement over the factory trigger, and cheaper than the BX trigger.

Since my original plan was to keep the 10/22 unmodified, and just for general plinking and fun target shooting, the Tier 3 was more than enough for my purposes. Brimstone does good work, fast.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I had the Tier 3 job done on my trigger a while back, and couldn’t be more pleased. Excellent work, fast turnaround, and a great trigger. Not to mention that their work is about half the price of the Ruger drop-in. I installed a trigger stop myself, and love the feel of the new setup. I can recommend Brimstone without reservation.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I had a Tier 2 trigger job done for my 10/22 a couple of years ago and it just what they claim. The pull is clean, crisp and just at 2 pounds. Very satisfied.

BTW, yes, the BX trigger is in a polymer housing but so are all newer 10/22 standard triggers. Brimstone's own web site says they can get better, more reproducible results with the polymer trigger group than the older metal housing since it is more accurately made.

·
Emperor
885 Posts
I have had them work on two Ruger 10/22 trigger groups. One was their Tier 3 job and the other a Tier 2. Both are excellent. Break is just over 2 lbs for both. The turnover time door to door was around 9-10 days.

The alloy trigger that comes with the Tier 2 job is nicer than the polymer stock trigger and the work includes an over-travel stop.

If you are looking to minimize your overall investment the Tier 3 job will give you a huge improvement over the stock trigger but I would say that the increased cost of the Tier 2 job is worth the price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts