Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new scope for my 10/22, and I don't want to break the bank on it.
The BSA Sweet 22 3-9x40 gets good reviews online, and is a recommended scope for .22 rifles on a couple different websites. I can grab it on Amazon for $50 right now, that's right in my ball park.

Anyone here using this scope on your 10/22 ? Any feedback?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
321 Posts
I need a new scope for my 10/22, and I don't want to break the bank on it.
The BSA Sweet 22 3-9x40 gets good reviews online, and is a recommended scope for .22 rifles on a couple different websites. I can grab it on Amazon for $50 right now, that's right in my ball park.

Anyone here using this scope on your 10/22 ? Any feedback?

Thanks,

Steve
I have one on a built 10-22. I like it. It's clear, looks good and has a couple turrets to compensate for different ammo. Besides..... The price is right

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have one on a Remington 582 and it has held up to steady use for over 5 years. Decent scope for a great price. IMO

·
Registered
383 Posts
I bought one for a Marlin 60 and removed it after a couple of months. Wanna buy it? :rolleyes: I guess it's a good scope for the money, but I think I'll probably put a cheap reflex sight or red dot on it. It's just a plinker.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Simmons 22 mag is another scope in the same price range that gets good reviews online.

I'm thinking a 32mm will be plenty on the 22, and it will keep the scope tight to the barrel.

I have an old old Powerline 3-9x32 on there right now, it was sitting in a drawer for years and I think it came off an old pellet rifle. It's getting blurry now, so I think something came loose inside it. Still hold zero, just everything is fuzzy..........LOL

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Simmons 22 mag is another scope in the same price range that gets good reviews online.
I have the Simmons 22 mag on my 10/22 and like it so much I bought another one for my RAR .22.

·
Exalted One
1,808 Posts
I have the Simmons 22 mag on my 10/22 and like it so much I bought another one for my RAR .22.
I, too have a Simmons 22 mag on my 10/22 and love it. I splurged the extra few bucks and got one with an adjustable objective (virtually eliminates parallax problems). Would strongly recommend getting one with AO. Amazon has them for $50.90 right now.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000INAEWS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

My old BSA 2-7 powered scope went to my Marlin 99M1. Still a good scope, but pales in comparison to the Simmons.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I've got nothing bad to say about the BSA Sweet, but the other day I looked through a Simmons .22 Mag in a store and I was impressed. The view through that scope was very bright and clear. Price was good, too, as I recall.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Guess I will be the dissenter here. I have never seen a BSA scope that was good for much of anything, other than a wheel chock........LOL!!! Learned my lesson years ago. Cheap priced scope, equals cheap scope quality. I realize that many don't want to spend money for a decent scope on a 22 plinker and that's fine, but don't expect a $40 scope to be a "good" scope. Will it be adequate?........maybe

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I, too have a Simmons 22 mag on my 10/22 and love it. I splurged the extra few bucks and got one with an adjustable objective (virtually eliminates parallax problems). Would strongly recommend getting one with AO. Amazon has them for $50.90 right now.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000INAEWS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

My old BSA 2-7 powered scope went to my Marlin 99M1. Still a good scope, but pales in comparison to the Simmons.
That's good to know, I'm going to check out that scope.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I can't bring myself to buy a BSA scope but many like BSA. I've owned 2 BSA products, a Red Dot and a Spotting scope. The Red Dot was not usable in daylight the prism or a mirror came loose in the spotting scope and BSA said said too bad. No more BSA for me. I've had good luck with Simmons, Tasco and Bushnell products that are in the same $ range as BSA.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I've seen too many Simmons/Tasco/BSA etc. scopes fail in use to recommend that anyone actually buy one. Blister pack Wally World scopes are for the paintball Ninja crowd. I have Nikon BDC 150 3x9x40 rimfire scopes on my rifles and while I like them, I consider them the bottom tier of "Good" rimfire scopes, and they run around $150.00.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've seen too many Simmons/Tasco/BSA etc. scopes fail in use to recommend that anyone actually buy one. Blister pack Wally World scopes are for the paintball Ninja crowd. I have Nikon BDC 150 3x9x40 rimfire scopes on my rifles and while I like them, I consider them the bottom tier of "Good" rimfire scopes, and they run around $150.00.
I was going to go with the Nikon rimfire one, it's $120 most places.

But then I started looking online for reviews and recommendations, and the Simmons gets great reviews and the BSA does as well. The price is $50 for these.......huge difference from the $120.

I have a Nikon on my AR15 and I really like it, but for a 22 that doesn't get used much I'm thinking the $50 Simmons will be more than enough for me.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
As I mentioned, I have two Simmons and put a lot of rounds downrange and have never had a problem.

At 62 years old, I don't think I qualify as a paintball mall Ninja. I have been shooting for over 50 years, and IMO, I don't need to spend $200 for a scope to punch holes in paper at the range. And if it does fall, I can buy three more for the same amount of money.

Buy what works best for you and your intended purpose.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
I have one on my Savage Mark ll and love it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts