Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's nothing special but I have a Buck 105 knife that I got as a present back in the early 80's and it is still going strong. It is an easy knife to sharpen and hold a shaving edge for quite a while. I can't even remember the deer it has field dressed.

Steve..........

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have had the Buck model 105 since 1966. Fine knife, holds an edge. I have gone through a couple scabbards though, eventually the leather gets weathered.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I saw this cool pic of the Buck 105 Pathfinder on Buck's facebook page and thought I would post here. Great all purpose knife.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i like buck knives. good steel n that's all that counts.
i can get it as sharp as my kitchen knives.
gotta have sharp.

·
Super Moderator
22,137 Posts
I dressed out quite a few deer and a couple of Caribou with a Buck Vanguard with the rubber coated handle. I used that for 15 years then splurged 5 years ago and had a knife made by Jack Sarnik a So Texas knife maker.

Still have the Vanguard and other Bucks I own are a 119, 102 I use as a fishing knife, 103 Skinner, 110 and 112 folders. Had a 303 Cadet as an EDC for a lot of years but that disappeared into the pocket knife twilight zone along with a coupe of Kershaws.

Are the Bucks all now China made?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BearcatShack

Great catch on the pic, that looks just like mine.

Steve........

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
Are the Bucks all now China made?
I recently bought a 105 for my Nephew's birthday, and it was made in the USA.
Maybe by Mexicans though.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Most are made in Post Falls, ID, especially their classic models. Some are China but my understanding is they are trying to bring it all back. I hope they do. Their website does say which models are USA and which are Imported.

·
Super Moderator
22,137 Posts
Thanks guys, I have had them all for a number of years and they all say USA on them. Was wondering about the current models.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
BearcatShack

Great catch on the pic, that looks just like mine.

Steve........
Yes, great picture isn't it! Looks like my 105 too. I love the way this model looks, it has great lines. It functions well too. One of my favorites. :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
One of my first good knives was a Model 105, bought about 1965. It's gone, but replaced with a later one.

I think this Pathfinder model is one of the best general use outdoor knives made. You do need a machete, hatchet, or axe for chopping, but that shouldn't be expected of your belt knife.

I think all of Buck's traditional belt knives are excellent values, too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Terry-P,

A few of years ago,I had spoken with Chuck Buck at the BLADE Show and he had said that they were doing their best to have all of their products made at the then new Post Falls,ID facility.

BUCK knives are a good value and have an excellent lifetime warranty.

They proudly boast that they have made The Good Lord their senior partner,can't really go wrong there!!!!!!

Top Dog

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Still have a finger grooved 110 from years ago. Still going strong.
Thanks for the memories. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts