Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked this one up at Walmart yesterday. I'm not sure how long they've been carrying them but they claim it's a "Walmart Exclusive" which translates into "corners were cut somewhere to reduce cost". I understand the original, full price version has metal handles. This one has plastic handles otherwise it appears to be the same knife.

This is my first assisted opening knife of this type. I've generally avoided these types of knives in the past because most were Chinese scrap metal and the really good ones were a bit out of my league price wise and/or because I just haven't found one that felt comfortable to me. This one is American made by Buck and was around $38. How bad can it be?

So far I'm liking it but there is one big thing about it I'm not sure I will like and that's the safety knob at the top. It's just one extra step you have to go through if you wish to use it. The safety knob sits on top of the handle near the blade tab and if left open might interfere with your grip in a quick draw although it does easily fold down flush with the handle.

With the safety knob activated it is too slow to flick off for self defense use so I'm going to carry it for awhile and see how it behaves in my pocket without the safety on. If it opens too easily by accident then it may not be suitable as a defensive folder and the search is on for something different.

Attachments

·
One Star
9,492 Posts
Very nice,I never seen a Buck knife I didn't like!

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,404 Posts
I like it too. I'm a fan of anything with "Buck USA" on the blade. Hope the OP will give an update after a month of pocket carry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts