Ruger Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Buck 110 is a classic.

Here is my old Buck 110 along side an old Sears 110 clone given to me by my father-in-law.
Both Made in USA.

Wood Knife Blade Utility knife Composite material

This thread gets me to thinking about all the Bucks I own:
102, 103, 110, 112, 119, Vanguard (Rubberized grip). I had a Cadet pocket knife and carried for many years but somehow managed to lose it. Now for all around carry I have a Kershaw 1660 but thinking about getting the Buck Stockman (Made in USA).

Some really nice Bucks here. Have been happy with results with my folding Alpha Hunter with rubber grips. Needed a knife for skinning. Might have discontinued it. Think it was Model 249 with nylon sheath. Thanks for the pics.

Greetings...

I would have to agree that Buck could be the Ruger of knives.
I used to have 2 Bucks, a 110 folder that I got in the middle 70's and
a Fixed blade (119?) from the early 80's. I can't remember the model number.
Unfortunately both were stolen in the late 80's when my apartment was looted.

Oddly enough, I haven't purchased a Buck since. Now I'm seriously considering the 110 with the ebony scales. I've got a distinct aversion to paying any real money for plastic or fiberglass (G10) unless it comes from Wally World and costs south of $20.

On the lighter side of life, I was wasting time in Wally World the other day and picked up a 2 knife (folders) set for just shy of $10 with a silly snow pattern. When I got home, my wife went all giddy and gooey when I offered her a choice of one. Wow - Diamond jewelry has never made her more happy than an el-cheapo Wally World $5 knife!

The instant I saw them, my brain formulated the exact scenario on how I would lose it. In the Snow...

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Corndog, was the Buck Crosslock you melted similar to my single blade version? I think the Bucks could be considered the Ruger of knives...
View attachment 161944
Yes, exactly the same type/shape except twin blades like the one in my OP. 1 blade and 1 bone saw/gut hook. It was camo too, but I would rather have orange scales.

Don’t cook it…not my finest hour.

My opinion only of course but I think Buck offers the best knife for the money bar none. I have many that I have had for several years and some of them several decades. great knives with unbeatable customer service. I have a couple of 110's including an auto elite, a 112 auto elite, a now discontinued 307 wrangler (great knife) a 119 that's at least 40 years old, 103 skinner, 382 trapper a nighthawk and maybe a few more. I have sent several knives in for their spa treatment and for about $7.00 they will completely refurbish and sharpen the knife to like new condition. Do other companies offer anything close?

My sister gave me a toolbox when she was cleaning out her garage before a move . I found an old dirty Buck Folding Hunter in the bottom under some junk . It cleaned up pretty good . I have no use for it but it's still a cool knife .

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.