Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any forum members own or are familiar with this super rugged combat/rescue folder from Buck? I know the steel is 154 CM which is decent quality and the blade length is 3 1/2. Comes with nylon pouch as well as a clip for pocket carry. Have seen it on line for around $85 and was hoping someone here can give me an overall assessment

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one it is tough and durable but the blade is so thick it is hard to put on a sharp edge.
Thanks pal. Heard about the blade thickness but am still considering this model as it should make a great utility knife for heavy tasks as well as handy knife for it's other intended purposes. Really like that modified tanto style blade.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mauser9,
The combination of Buck with TOPS cannot be beat. Their quality is top notch plus lifetime warranty.

Yes,the blade is thick but you can get a decent edge on it and it is built like a tank.

Let us know how you like the knife when you get it.

Top Dog

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You bet Top Dog. Should be here in a week or two. Just gettin into knives lately and starting to build a "quality" if meager collection. Last month I scored a Buck Alpha Hunter folder with the 420 HC for use as a hunting knife/skinner and to handle small tasks but don't want to pass this one up. I know Buck also makes the fixed blade CSAR but it is to be discontinued. Thanks for input.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mauser9,
Let us know when you get your new Buck/TOPS knife. The beauty of this combo is that both companies are located in Idaho.

Both offer superb customer service.

You can't go wrong with either company and the fact that this knife is a combination of the two makes it all the better.

Top Dog

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should be here by late this week. Shopped around but best prices on line. For under $100 it sure seems to be a durable knife that will come in handy. Scored the Buck Alpha folding Hunter last month for EDC and as a hunting/skinner.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As requested I am back to give my impressions on my CSRK-T I just received today. Wow! I am impressed concerning the build and overall ruggedness of this survival rescue folder. Some will say to heavy for an EDC but does come with a great nylon sheath and pocket clip. FIgure it will come in handy for light chopping and some heavy duty chores. Came reasonably sharp but will see how it takes an edge due to it's thick blade. Might due for camping. Last January I also picked up the folding Alpha Hunter which is a decent drop point with 420 HC steel for hunting/skinning knife. Also is fairly heavy and comes with a black nylon sheath. Also like the modified tanto style blade on the CSAR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts