Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to run this past you guys . My LGS has a new , unfired , Buckeye exclusive in 38-40 / 10 mm combo . Apparently it is indeed unfired and it does have the box, papers etc. But they want $1189.00 for it and won't come down .
I have looked at these over the years as well as the 32-20 / 32 H&R magnum Buckeyes and I know you can get them cheaper somewhat but most have been used or shot .
I feel like it's too much but it's one of those Rugers that keep nagging at me to come and get :rolleyes:
I welcome the input .

·
Registered
710 Posts
Buckeye.......

well you can just wait them out, BUT never know when someone else, having the "pucker factor" just may jump all over it,,,,for a new in the box, with it ALL< that is not bad but more in line for the 32-20 32 H&R Mag version, to us, that is the desireable one...........

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a Buckeye 38/40 - 10mm Blackhawk , I was doing some trading and ended up with one about 500 less that they're asking price. Let me tell you the ammo is not cheep. I might consider selling it if your interested. It's in very good shape, just not LNIB.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a Buckeye 38/40 - 10mm Blackhawk , I was doing some trading and ended up with one about 500 less that they're asking price. Let me tell you the ammo is not cheep. I might consider selling it if your interested. It's in very good shape, just not LNIB.
What would you let it go for?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I acquired one through a trade several years ago and was in it for a song. The 10mm cylinder was fired once and the other cylinder was still in the wrapper. About 5 or 6 years ago I sold it for over $900 so your LGS isn't too far out of line.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the input . I know what you mean about the "pucker factor" Rugerguy , I've tried the waiting out tactic before only to regret it later . I use to want the other Buckeye more myself but then I acquired a couple 32 h&r magnum single sixes and a 327 federal magnum in a sp101 , which I should have kept probably .
I really thought you guys would tell me how ridiculously overpriced it is , now its REALLY on my mind , haha .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts