Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than walking into one of the local big stores, I am looking for a good online vendor for ammo: most 357 & 45acp. What can anyone recommend?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've bought bulk 9mm here, shipping is free.

AmmoMan.com - Gun Ammo with Free Shipping

Update: guess you can disregard my answer as it pertains to ammo as in loaded "ammo"
You certainly weren't very clear as to what you wanted as your title says bullets and your question is about ammo.

am·mo
[ˈamō]
NOUN
informal term for ammunition.
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries · © Oxford University Press
Translations, word origin, and more definitions

·
Registered
368 Posts
I typically buy Berry's or Rainier bulk bullets at Cabellas or Midway (sometimes Basspro). I look for a sale and if I can get free shipping that usually clinches it.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bullets so I can do the reloading. I recently bought about 700 pieces of 45 ACP brass, so I need to get some bullets to go with them but I don't want to walk into the local BPS or Cabelas and buy that stuff 100 or 250 per box.

·
Registered
280 Posts
BLACK FRIDAY - CYBER MONDAY SALE E-mail I received yesterday

We hope you have a great Thanksgiving and wanted to let you know about an unbeatable special that we have running for Black Friday. We are offering 15% off of all our Polymer Coated Bullets from Black Friday (11-28-14) to Cyber Monday (12-01-14.) (Excluding 223 55 Gr FMJ) (Cannot be combined with any other discount)

HOW TO REDEEM
Just enter the coupon code bluesthebest into the coupon code box at the checkout window. Please don't submit the order before you enter the coupon code. We cannot issue a refund for the 15% after the order has been placed.

Having trouble posting web site. It is The Blue Bullet Company.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a bunch! Some of these I have been looking at, and some I have not seen before, but I am always hesitant to try any place new unless someone else has had some kind of good experience with them.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Just bullets so I can do the reloading. I recently bought about 700 pieces of 45 ACP brass, so I need to get some bullets to go with them but I don't want to walk into the local BPS or Cabelas and buy that stuff 100 or 250 per box.
Check Xtreme....24 hour sale on 45 projectiles.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks a bunch! Some of these I have been looking at, and some I have not seen before, but I am always hesitant to try any place new unless someone else has had some kind of good experience with them.
Just a follow up. I have used Blue Bullets for .45 acp. Worked well, just got comments at the range like "what kind of bullets are those?" I order from Black and Blue Bullets now, because they offer a variety of shapes and weights and colors. They also offer sizing. The blue bullet special isn't bad.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Another vote here for X-treme! Been very happy with their 125 and 158 bullets for .357/.38 loads. Actually I've been happy with everything I've bought from them:)

Can't remember the load data off the top of my head but this group was using x-treme 125grn RNFP out of my 6" Security Six 10yd single action.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
" Lucky does powder coat instead of hitec coated and plain lead. You don't specify which you are looking for. Acme has a discount if you go to the blue side."
Probably any coating - I try to avoid lead at all costs... I pay for it in the end. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've been happy with these guys.

https://precisiondelta.com/

I've bought jacketed 9mm and .45 auto from them. If you buy two cases of the same type, you get a nice discount and shipping is free.

But your mailman might not like you. That is going to be one heavy package. :D

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I'm not to impressed with Lucky powder coated bullets, I decided to try them about 2 months ago and I ordered 500 9mm and 500 .45acp bullets. When I finally got them the packaging broke inside the single box, and I had to separate them. Then when I finally got them loaded up, I noticed I got a lot of smoking from them, which I thought was supposed to be virtually eliminated with the powder coating. Not only that, I noticed the barrel on my wife's 9mm leaded up pretty bad and required a lot of extra time in cleaning it.

I highly recommend Xtreme copper coated bullets for just about any type of handgun cartridges. They are very consistent, and therefore extremely accurate. (play on words intended)

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've bought bulk 9mm here, shipping is free.

AmmoMan.com - Gun Ammo with Free Shipping

Update: guess you can disregard my answer as it pertains to ammo as in loaded "ammo"
You certainly weren't very clear as to what you wanted as your title says bullets and your question is about ammo.

am·mo
[ˈamō]
NOUN
informal term for ammunition.