Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys (Newbie Here) :)

Can any you guys tell me as far as ACCURACY is concerned which is the BEST BARELL for my 10/22 TakeDown :confused:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hi Guys (Newbie Here) :)

Can any you guys tell me as far as ACCURACY is concerned which is the BEST BARELL for my 10/22 TakeDown :confused:
Well first let me say welcome to the forum ;)
In my experience any rifled bull barrel will more accurate they are made primarily to increase stability, have different twist rates (usually) giving the projectile better flight , but I recommend trying different ammo to see what works best... I'm not big on the 10/22 's but I think this rule holds true for any rifle and balistics As I stated in your last post the nice thing about the Ruger is there are options galore . Have fun on your build !

·
Registered
159 Posts
Schooner, welcome to the forum. Am I correct in reading that your question concerns aftermarket barrels as upgrades for the one on your TD? If so, there are very few options available. The TD barrel attaches to the receiver in a completely different way from the standard 10/22 barrel.

Here is an article about the Takedown that reviews the available barrel options and provides links to the makers: Thoughts on the Takedown Model

Considering the cost of the complete barrels, having Connecticut Precision Chambering modify your Ruger barrel is the most cost-effective way to improve its accuracy. But frankly, if tack-driving accuracy is your priority, the TD is the wrong rifle.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You don't buy a take down for its accuracy. Its was designed for compact storage and ease of assembly. If accuracy out weighs compact storage then you bought the wrong 10/22.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts