Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your plan of action if a BG comes calling late at night. As for myself I have a cell phone, 800 lumen light & a loaded .45 in the nightstand.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Pretty much the same here, 1911 handy and a flashlight.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Probably just send my wife out to see what they want. Oh... You meant like firepower...
Umm... I'd probably just send my wife out to see what they want. LOL!

I do keep a Mini 14 fairly handy with the little 5-rounder loaded up with some 5.56 and a CZ75 SP01 with some 9mm Remington Golden Saber HPs.

I also have a pug. Do not underestimate the pug.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have trijicon three dot night sights (green front and yellow rear) on my G17 with a novak rear sight....it is next to my bed...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Currently I have a small safe in my room with my 3 ccw guns in it. The rest are locked downstairs.

Soon I'll have a new 870 Tactical mounted in my closet for my go to house gun.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have a particular room in the house they will try to get to? An escape route, etc.?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have a 100 pound German Shepherd, a 7 pound Chihuahua and an SR9c on the night stand. And yes, the Chihuahua is loaded!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I highly doubt I will be the one looking to escape.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I have three furry 20 lb alarm systems in the house at night. There are several dim nightlights around the house. They are all Mr. Stupid will hear or see until my LCR-357 goes off in his direction. Then I will need a flashlight.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have my sign, "Gun Free Zone". That should keep me safe, right?? :rolleyes:

===============

Bedside S&W M&P 45 to get to my Remington 870 12ga in the closet. Entry to and exit from the BR are the same, so there is no escape. Call 911 and hunker down.

I keep the 45 in condition 1 in a rig next to the bed at night - I don't believe there would be time to fiddle with a safe (Just my opinion). Cell phone and Fenix flashlight on the night stand.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
XD40 loaded with Winchester PDX1 personal defense rounds.
S&W 442 38 snubby loaded with hollow points.
No children in my home so the guns are only locked in the safe when I leave.
A flashlight and a 7" Ka-Bar USMC knife at the ready at all times.

If anyone comes inside the house or garage uninvited I will do the best I can to shoot to kill, not to wound. Dead bad people tell no tales to the police...

And where I live there are just as many bad women as bad guys. The latest trick is a woman knocks on the front door and distracts you while her men jump the fence and break in from other directions such as back doors, bedroom windows.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Smith & Wesson M&P.40 currently loaded with Hornady Tap.
Remington 870 Tactical 12ga. mag loaded with 00 buck.

With SR9c on standby loaded with PDX1

·
Zombie Hunter
248 Posts
I have a 100 pound German Shepherd, a 7 pound Chihuahua and an SR9c on the night stand. And yes, the Chihuahua is loaded!
We Have an antique Chihuahua in the kitchen, a Rat terrier on the bed, and a big brown general porpose mixed breed at the foot of the bed. They're all light sleepers and keep us informed if anyone is approaching the house. Oh, yeah, an LC9 on my side and a sig P238 on my wife's side. Funny thing, since I started wallpapering the front hall with my used targets from the range, it's been really quiet...

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have the guns, the dogs, the lit hallway. Wife has her phone, and we know to stay in the room. Our room is at the end of the hall. I don't care about the stuff. If someone is in my house, it will be easy for them to know where I will be coming from (hallway), so if I approach them, they will have the advantage as they could be in spare rooms, living room, or kitchen, which are all different directions I would have to check. I stay put, put out a call. There's only one way for them to get to me, and it will be covered by two guns and two large-ish aggressive dogs. We will have the advantage. And if they come to my room, they're asking for it.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the guns, the dogs, the lit hallway. Wife has her phone, and we know to stay in the room. Our room is at the end of the hall. I don't care about the stuff. If someone is in my house, it will be easy for them to know where I will be coming from (hallway), so if I approach them, they will have the advantage as they could be in spare rooms, living room, or kitchen, which are all different directions I would have to check. I stay put, put out a call. There's only one way for them to get to me, and it will be covered by two guns and two large-ish aggressive dogs. We will have the advantage. And if they come to my room, they're asking for it.
Great response.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have my sig 229 with night sights to keep anyone from advancing any further. My girlfriend takes the shotgun with buckshot across the hall to our daughters room and makes sure anything that might make it past me wont make it to our daughter.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Baseball bat, candle and a box of matches (here in AU). :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts