·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
She got fried?

(That was not so toughie)

Oh, I'd love to be an Oscar Mayer weiner, that is what I'd truly like to be.......

'Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer weiner, everyone would be in love with me.........:D

·
Registered
717 Posts
Not a joke:

Why are they called hamburgers anyway? They aren't made out of ham???

In the early 18th century some Germans noticed during their travels to Asia that the locals would stuff their beef between their saddles while they would ride to help soften it for later consumption. The Germans liked the idea of soft seasoned meat and they brought it back with them to Hamburg. It soon became known as Hamburg Meat.

As German immigrants made their way to the U.S. they shared the recipe for Hamburg Meat. The first record of Hamburg meat in the United States was in 1884 when the Boston Evening Journal mentioned “Hamburg Steak.” The first known “Hamburger” was made by Charlie Nagreen. He introduced his “American Hamburger” at the Outgamie County Fair in Seymour, Wisconsin in 1885. His “hamburger” wasn’t on a bun and was without cheese or bacon. The first known hamburger on buns as we know it today was made in St. Louis at the 1904 World's Fair.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Why do we call hot dogs that? They aren't dogs.
The term hot dog is generally attributed to sports cartoonist T. A. "Tad" Dorgan, who caricatured German figures as dachshund dogs around 1900.

His talking sausage cartoons were meant to denigrated the cheap wieners sold at Coney Island, suggesting they were made from dog meat. It was such bad publicity that in 1913 the Chamber of Commerce banned use of the term "hog dog" from signs on Coney Island. The term "hot dog" first appeared in print in the Oxford English Dictionary in 1900.

Everyone is thinking; "Does he really know this stuff or does he just Google it?"
One would think that someone as good looking as I am would also be extremely smart.
Yeah, that explains it.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The term hot dog is generally attributed to sports cartoonist T. A. "Tad" Dorgan, who caricatured German figures as dachshund dogs around 1900.

His talking sausage cartoons were meant to denigrated the cheap wieners sold at Coney Island, suggesting they were made from dog meat. It was such bad publicity that in 1913 the Chamber of Commerce banned use of the term "hog dog" from signs on Coney Island. The term "hot dog" first appeared in print in the Oxford English Dictionary in 1900.

Everyone is thinking; "Does he really know this stuff or does he just Google it?"
One would think that someone as good looking as I am would also be extremely smart.
Yeah, that explains it.
You need to start posting here: http://rugerforum.net/tavern/63280-useless-trivia-thread.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.