Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always been a fan of signature zee rings. Getting ready to try some for my RPR 338 lapua. Putting on a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 and from my measurements, it’s gonna be close with extra high rings as to whether it’ll clear the hand guard or not. I like the inserts so my next option is the XTR signature rings. They have the inserts too, but they’re aluminum. Anyone run aluminum rings on a magnum RPR? Any durability issues? The rail is aluminum already which I’m not crazy about but no one that I’ve found is making a steel rail for them yet. Thanks I’m advance for the input.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I know very little about Burris rings, but as far as ring height you'l lneed rings that measure 1.45" or more in order to get a 56mm objective to clear. I'm running Vortex Precision Matched rings on mine with a Nightforce 5.5-22x56, I have about 3/16 of clearance using the 1.45's, that's as close as I could get it. Also the rings need to be able to mount to a 1913 Pic rail. They may be a little more than you want to pay but I'm a firm believer in "buy once, cry once". These are excellent rings and you won't have to lap them. Here's a link.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the signature zee extra high is only 1.18” but the XTR signature can be had up to 1.50” so I’m thinking that’s what I’ll need. Are those vortex rings steel or aluminum? I didn’t see it listed in the link.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
They are some type of aluminum, but really tuff. If those rings are at 1.50” you’ll have the height issue covered. How much are the Burris rings?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts