Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed an order for one of these from Sportsman's Guide for $179 (with my Buyer's Club discount. It is $199 without the discount.) This is almost $75 cheaper than I have seen this item anywhere else. I am gonna put it on my AR and will let you guys know how I like or dislike it when I get it.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
congrats! i had good luck with mine.
you gonna co-witness?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

congrats! i had good luck with mine.
you gonna co-witness?
I probably will at first, but only until I can afford to put a new gas block with 3 or 4 rails and a flip up front sight. It kind of distracts me having the front sight in the way of the primary sight.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by ShipWreck

Is this the EOtech clone model or the other one, that's shaped differently?
It looks like the Eotech. I have been told by several people that Eotech actually makes this sight. One of the reasons I bought it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yes - the make that model Bushnell. But, there is another Bushnell that they sell - that has a smaller window. I don't like that one.

It's pretty much the same sight as the Eotech, only it doesn't have the metal cage around the gun. My PS90 fell off of a set of sandbags once at the range, when a gust of wind came aroud. It rolled over and fell on the eotech. It hit hard enough that I had to adjust the zero again.

Had I not had the metal cage, I think the sight would have been broken - it hit that hard. So, I'm happy with rthe eotech.

That was an accident - but if you are careful, the Bushnell will work just as well. I paid $295 + $5 shipping for my Eotech, though.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by ShipWreck

Be sure to post up pic of your AR with the Bushnell after U have it on there!
But of course! You know how I love to show pictures of my ARs!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW, ShipWreck, that is cool! I have only seen that gun in books. I am somewhat jealous! If I remember correctly, doesn't that gun take AR magazines?

·
Registered
868 Posts
No, it has it's own magazine - it has 50 round mags that attach on the top.

Here is a breakdown of the parts in the gun. This is all it breaks down to - 6 parts.

(Obviously, I replaced the stock optic to an Eotech)

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, I got it mixed up with something else. I think I know what it is now, one of those FN guns with the new cartridge they came out with, right?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yes - 5.7x28mm.

I also have the Five Seven handgun for it.

I actually run the FN Forum - and, we have FN taking a role in our forum now. They are answering member questions a few times a month right now.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I think U thought it was an FS2000 - that shoots the same round as an AR. I have held that a few times but I find the gun too bulky.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I just ordered another EOtech 511 this morning from Top Gun Supply. I've decided to finally get a CX4 carbine. It'll be cheaper to shoot than my PS90. I would have gotten the AA model (512) - however, as I already have one 511 Eotech, it makes sense to use the same model to have the same type of batteries (that way I don't need to keep 2 different battery types in my rifle bag).

I thought about getting the Bushnell - but after that 1 experience with my steel cage on the EOtech saving it from damage, I'd rather pay the extra $100 now.

·
Registered
868 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

Just placed an order for one of these from Sportsman's Guide for $179 (with my Buyer's Club discount. It is $199 without the discount.) This is almost $75 cheaper than I have seen this item anywhere else. I am gonna put it on my AR and will let you guys know how I like or dislike it when I get it.
So, how do U like it now?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love it. I have only got to shoot a couple times with it since I bought it because of deer season and the weather, but I had a lot of fun with it. It really is quicker than any other type of sight I have ever used. I would not have really believed it without trying it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Kewl.

I just got my CX4 last week and bore sighted the Eotech on it Sat. I hope to try it at the range soon. It really is a nice sight (your bushnell is exactly the same except for the shield).

Anyway - enjoy it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts