Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took brand new TRS 25 red dot to range mounted on Mini Thirty with a GG&G rail. Got it sighted in and started having a little fun.
At about 80 rounds the red dot changed to a line resembling the letter L.
I guess you get what you pay for.
Stopped shooting and called Bushnell from the range. Tech thought a mirror had moved and said to send it back to Optics Planet where I bought it. He said it would be quicker getting a replacement than sending it back to Bushnell for repair.
Optics Planet requires that you return the defective sight (free FedEx) and wait for a replacement until the return is validated.
So now we wait, probably for a week or two.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've owned a couple and still have one on an AR ,no problems for me but it happens I guess if you really want to step up buy an Aim point Pro ... There as Solid as a rock !

·
Registered
370 Posts
Agree. Some flukes do get through. Seems like you're a "winner" in that regard. Perhaps you should buy a lottery ticket!:)
I did buy one today, and my TRS 25 is at bushnell being replaced as we speek.:eek:

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's one of he reasons I use amazon a lot when possible. If a product is broken , defective or its not for me I send it in and get another quickly.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have 2, a trs25 and a trs32, both have been great and held zero with no issues. Do however only have them on .22s
For my 5.56 AR i use a Vortex Strikefire ll, or try the SPARC ll. Vortex has lifetime warranty

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE on the TRS-25

Took brand new TRS 25 red dot to range mounted on Mini Thirty with a GG&G rail. Got it sighted in and started having a little fun.
Stopped shooting and called Bushnell from the range. Tech thought a mirror had moved and said to send it back to Optics Planet where I bought it. He said it would be quicker getting a replacement than sending it back to Bushnell for repair.
Optics Planet requires that you return the defective sight (free FedEx) and wait for a replacement until the return is validated.
Thanks
Out of the blue last Thursday another TRS-25 sight arrived from Optics Planet.
Looked brand new.
Took it out Friday and it was very dim, even on the highest setting.
The day was cloudy so you could just barely see the dim dot against a very dark target.
Fired a few rounds with it and it didn't break but it was too dim to have any fun with it.
Thought perhaps the included battery was below par so I replaced it with a brand new battery.
Yesterday I took it out again but it was a sunny day. The dot was invisible and the sight useless.
I took it off and put on the Primary Arms sight which worked fine.
Called Bushnell customer service and, THIS TIME, was told to send it back to Bushnell for repair. Go figure.
So I will.
Based on my experience with two of these sights I cannot recommend them.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Haven't had a problem with any of these sights, but the suggestion for the OP to upgrade to an Aimpoint is a good idea.

Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks
There's been some changes to the Bushnell TRS-25 from about 2014 onwards. There was a great vid on youtube about it. Just google "Spadezilla Bushnell TRS-25 Review" to find it, as it gets into the specifics about the changes ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts