Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little comparison between these two budget red dots, I have a 25 on my 22/45 and I liked it so much, for the price you can't beat it! I got the 25 from Walmart after tax for around $90. I just got an AR style .22lr and wanted another cheap scope/red dot to put on it. I was going to go ahead and just get another 25 until I ran across the TRS-32. Figured I'd give it a shot.

The main reason I wanted to go with the 32 is the the larger tube, I figured since it is bigger than the 25 it would be easier to quickly find the dot and make a shot.. I got the 32 from Palmetto State Armory for $79! That is a good price considering it comes with a high rise mount, and flip up covers.. I have seen these online between $130-140. Honestly if I was going to pay that I would recommend spending a bit more and getting a Vortex.. But for $79 I think it is a great red dot..

The 32 has a bigger 5moa dot vs the 25's 3moa but looking through the glass it's just slightly bigger, they both have the same greenish tent to them but they don't bother me at all.. I really like that the 32 has flip up covers, however if your expecting Butler Creek quality you might be disappointed.. They do the job but don't shoot open as nice..

I think both dots are great for the price you pay, I'm sure I would have been just as happy with another trs25, but wanted to try something a bit different.. This is gonna look nice on my M&P 15-22 and for 50yd plinking I think it'll do just fine..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Thanks for the "heads up" report. Good information to have and I am always looking for a "deal".

·
Registered
846 Posts
Doubletap, I just bought a TRS-32 from Wally World on clearance for $55.00 + tax.
I haven't tried it out yet, but it is mounted on my Ruger 10/22 with a folding ATI stock.
I like the way it's mounted, just the right height with the supplied mount.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doubletap, I just bought a TRS-32 from Wally World on clearance for $55.00 + tax.
I haven't tried it out yet, but it is mounted on my Ruger 10/22 with a folding ATI stock.
I like the way it's mounted, just the right height with the supplied mount.
Wow!! I'm such a hoarder, for that price I would have bought at least 3 lol.. really good price!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts