Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an AR-556, and was wondering if I could buy a longer extendable butt stock for it. Im 6'5" and have some pretty long arms (33" draw on my bow). I think it would just feel more comfortable being able to extend it out further. Ive looked around on this board, but couldn't find this question being asked.

Thank you.

·
Registered
385 Posts
With the carbine style, it keeps your front hand pretty close to you. If you swap everything out with a free float handguard, you can move your front grip out to the end of the barrel.
As far as the butt stock, I haven't seen anything extended......but maybe someone else has and will chime in.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
You won't have much luck finding a LONGER carbine compatible stock, but you have lots of options for add on extensions for existing stocks.

How much space do you need? You can determine this best by adding temporary spacers to the buttstock. If you only need an extra inch or so, you can usually add that in spacers and buttplates.

I'm surprised that a fully extended AR-556 is too short, even for a guy your height.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,546 Posts
Well, I have 3 options for your consideration. I have run the standard m4gery stocks. I normally replace them with the magpul acs, its a bit longer to me than a stock rifles. It can also have the buttplates swapped for thicker ones adding more length. Second is not collapsible but will add length thats actually adjustable. The magpul prs has an adjustable length via a knob on the stock to make it longer. Another option is using the standard a2 stock with a dpms stock extender, its aluminum, it goes between the stock and receiver, adding additional length. I am 6 '2" and most of these work for me. Just a few thougnts.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts