Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
In my area the P series go for less, $300ish. A gun with the box, loader, manual and extra mag would be a good deal at $350, in my opinion. Good Luck. Can't go wrong with a P.

·
Registered
853 Posts
If I remember correctly, I bought my P90 (new) in '92 for $425. Taking into account for inflation, as others have said, its not a bad deal.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Is it Stainless/Blued? Manual safety or Decocker?If it is in good shape it would be an OK price...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it is a little high. $325 sounds better unless the gun is perfect and they have all the stuff that came with it. Dealer won't give you over $275 for one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In the last 8 months I have purchased one Blued P90 NIB at a gun show for 390.00, and my farther has purchased one Blued P90 NIB at a second gun show for 400.00. He also purchased a S.S. P90 from a fourm member with Hi-VIS sights a while back,sorry I dont rember the price,but I dont think it was much more than 400.00 . We both love the P series pistols. They are getting harder to find New or used, so I guess It depends on how bad you want it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm a big fan of 1911-style autos, but I do like several of the features of the P90. If a used SS model in good condition showed up in front of me w/ a fair price tag, I'd be hard pressed to say "No".

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This one is blued, not sure about anything regarding its conditioner, looks like a wife
selling her husbands gun. There is also a P89 come up for sale $300, not a big 9mm fan but a Ruger for that price and 9mm ammo cheepee than 40s&w and 45 acp?

·
Registered
20 Posts
This one is blued, not sure about anything regarding its conditioner, looks like a wife
selling her husbands gun. There is also a P89 come up for sale $300, not a big 9mm fan but a Ruger for that price and 9mm ammo cheepee than 40s&w and 45 acp?

Oh Jeeze yeah. I want to start a petition to bring that model line back!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'd take a hard look at either, or both of them. In my opinion they're the best semi-auto pistols that Ruger has made, and are very competitive today against more contemporary (and often much more expensive pistols).

You might be able to negotiate a bit with the seller in person-particularly if you buy both.

Regarding Rustynails44's comment about dealers not giving over $275 for them keep in mind that dealers by definition are buying at a wholesale price so that they can make a profit when they sell it a retail price-a price that incorporates both their investment (the price they paid), their overhead expenses (especially if they have a brick-and-mortar store), and their marketing costs. It might take them some time for their investment (the wholesale purchase) to pay off (i.e., culminate in a retail sale), so the expenditures necessary between their purchase and the sale to a customer need to be factored into their overhead costs.

Let us know what you decide-and how it goes (and then we expect to see some images).

Best, Jon

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well i snoozed to long and both guns sold before i was able to get up with sellers. There are lots of cheep semi-auto's for sell around here and when a quality one comes up for sell, they go fast :(

·
Banned
81 Posts
That's a pretty good price. I bought one of the P90s a year or so ago for $425.00. It was accurate and I really didn't have a problem with it. I was just to big and bulky. If you like the way it feels that's great. I cut my teeth on a Colt 1911 A-1. I never got used to the feel of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts