Ruger Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered some ammo from Bass Pro and it was all processed, charged to card, and was given a delivery date. Next day delivery postponed and will be cancelled if not delivered in 60 days. Still shows on the web site.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have spent a small fortune at Cabelas. After the takeover, it's gone to Hell in a hurry. Problems with orders, quality of clothing, prices, inventory, etc, etc, etc, as everyone has listed above.
I used to drive over 2 hrs to the store 3 or 4 times a year and brought home a car load of gear most every time.

I'm no longer interested in them so obviously they aren't getting any of my money. Too many other places doing a better job.

Az Pro no mo for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Trying desperately (EVERYONE is out) to get some H4895 to occupy my days in these trying times I looked to BP as a last resort and was surprised/shocked that they showed it in stock and able to pick up at the store in 3 days, wait for a confirming email. Ordered 3# and the next day got the same email as everyone else. I have not yet decided whether to cancel or not.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cabelas ended up getting me what others couldn't, small pistol primers. Ups lost my midway order for primers and powder from midway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Count your merchandise

Don't feel too bad...I ordered 10 boxes of Federal 100 M primers online from Sportsman's Warehouse...about a week later, I got a call that said my order was in, so I went to pick up my primers, and as I started to walk out, I counted the boxes and there were only 9 boxes so I asked about the 10th box. The person at the counter seemed lost, so I asked if I could go back to the shelf to see if there were any there...and there was my 10th box, but they tried to refuse to let me have it because it wasn't a part of my order???!!!! Confused, I asked why I couldn't fill my 10th box with it, but they were determined that it was not a part of my order...What the heck? I paid for 10 and they were trying to send me out of the store short, but offered no refund (the order for 10 was already paid for), and they weren't going to let me have a box clearly off the shelf (skimmed from my order)...Finally after about a half hour of arguments, the store manager very begrudgingly succomed and threw the "off the shelf box" into my bag, and I left the store...geez...what a mass of confusion. I still have no idea what was in their minds. Just make sure you are getting what you paid for. Haven't been back since.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Made one on-line order with Cabela's. No response for a long time, so I went to the local store to ask why. The service desk said the order, (two boxes of Winchester white box 38spl), hadn't come in yet, I'd be notified when it arrived. Since I was there, I took a walk back to the ammo section. Imagine my surprise when I found a whole shelf of Winchester WB in 38spl. I returned to the service desk, asked if we couldn't just complete the order right now. "No, we have to wait till your order comes in." Incredulous, I decided 1) Not to fight City Hall. And, 2) Never order on-line from Cabela's ever again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Four ammo orders (winning bids) at Gun Broker all shipped the next day in the last week. (Two were through from Sportmans Supply who seem to have stock).

·
Registered
298 Posts
So apparently Cabela's is being run by the same web engineers who rolled out the healthcare.gov website.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
The only thing I find "pro" about the bAss shop is their ability to spout BS.
Sad state of affairs since I got use to ordering most everything from Cabela's.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Four ammo orders (winning bids) at Gun Broker all shipped the next day in the last week. (Two were through from Sportmans Supply who seem to have stock).
Sportsmans Supply is the best on GB ... fast shipping and no extra fee for credit cards ... I love bidding on their stuff, I've gotten great deals ... ammo scopes

·
Registered
203 Posts
They like to waste money on shipping. Back in January I ordered a GPS (with points) and 3 or 4 boxes of ammo. Spend $50.00 get free shipping. I can see shipping the GPS in its own box but each box of ammo came in a separate box big enough to hold everything. The store is pretty close so I still stop to check the gun library out. Stop often enough and you can stumble upon a good deal in there. My wife won't even go in there any more. Hates the new line of clothes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a Ruger PC9 Carbine from Cabela’s online - only because they were the only shop anywhere that advertised that they had the specific model I wanted (a non-threaded barrel, so that I could legally take it to NY when I visited my mother).

I was given a delivery date about a week away, so I waited. And waited, and waited until a week beyond their ETA. I called my local Cabela’s, since it was a store-to-store transfer, to find out where my gun was. They couldn’t tell me. They instructed me to call the Cabela’s store that originated the sale.

I called THAT store, they told me the gun should have arrived at least a week ago.

I drove to the local store. They didn’t bother searching for it. The two chuckleheads standing behind the gun counter swore up and down that if the gun was there, they would know about it - “1000%!”

I drove home and called their corporate customer service line. Their rep couldn’t find much information, so he called the originating store, which confirmed that the gun had been shipped 2 weeks prior, but they could not find any tracking numbers for it.

The corporate rep then called my local Cabela’s, then put me on a 3-way call with them. The guy who answered paused for a second, then said “Yeah, it’s sitting right here… leaning against the wall.” Mind you, this was 25 minutes after I had been in the store.

I drove right back over, and then had to deal with the same two lying chuckleheads again, who immediate gushed “It arrived just after you left!” I left them at the store at 8pm - I seriously doubt that UPS would be making deliveries after 8pm. I filled out my Form 4473, waited 20 minutes for approval, paid my paperwork fee, signed for the gun, and walked out.

The next day, I received an email from their warehouse manager, explaining that they STILL could not find my gun (!!!).

Mind you, this is a Federally regulated weapon. There was no record of how it was transferred from Point A (Wisconsin) to Point B (Virginia). They still claim that it has not arrived, nor that it has been picked up. It could have been stolen off of their loading dock, for all they know.

As far as they’re concerned, the gun doesn’t exist - they still do not realize that I have possession of it.

·
Super Moderator
4,052 Posts
I haven't had any difficulty with CabPro so far but I rarely order from them. I was using their points card as my daily plastic but I decided to quit doing that and just use my credit union points card instead. The reason is there isn't a whole lot I buy from CabPro. The gun prices are usually somewhere around MSRP and everything else in the store can be found cheaper somewhere else. I have gotten a couple of great deals on guns and optics from them but they were very few and far between.

I've ordered from Midway, Brownells and Natchez lately. Midway was the same as usual. It got here sooner than they said it would. Brownells was as advertised (less than a week).

My order with Natchez was the first time I ever ordered from them and so far it's not going well. I'm still waiting and it's been over a month. They gladly took my money but their website now literally says "Don't bother us. We're working as fast as we can." They were Johnny Quickdraw about charging my credit card but they're over a month behind in actually shipping a product. They have until midday this coming Friday to let me know my stuff is on the way or I'm telling my credit card company it's a fraudulent charge.

So far my experience with Natchez is not conducive to me ordering from them again. I'm not accepting any corona zombie excuses either. Other firearm websites are operating almost business as usual. I could tolerate a few days delay but several weeks is ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I agree with the state of Cabelas. Perfect example. On Thursday I ordered a couple pieces of camping gear. After all, they had free two day shipping for orders over $50. Anyway, so of course they ship my items individually. No big deal just seems inefficient but whatever. So, place my order mid-morning Thursday. Late afternoon I get a message from cabelas that one of my items shipped. Later I get multiple emails from fedex for delivery notifications. Anyway, fast forward to Saturday. FedEx brings everything I ordered. Great, free two day shipping comes through. Well at about 11am today (Sunday) I get emails from cabelas for the remaining articles I had ordered. I had to click on the tracking links to check to see if they shipped it twice, but no, not that lucky. So, moral of the story, I got the emails notifying me that items in my order had shipped a full day after they were delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 37 of 37 Posts