Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
California Assembly to Consider Severe
Restrictions on Ammunition Sales!
Stand Up and Make Your Voice Heard Today!

Next Wednesday, March 25, the Assembly Public Safety Committee will consider legislation that would require gun owners to obtain a “permit-to-purchase” before buying handgun ammunition.

Introduced by State Assembly Member Kevin De Leon (D-45), Assembly Bill 2062 puts ammunition sales in the crosshairs. AB2062 would require that law-abiding gun owners obtain a permit to buy handgun ammunition and would impose severe restrictions on the private transfers of handgun ammunition. Applicants for a “permit-to-purchase” would be required to submit to a background check, pay a $35 fee, and wait as long as 30 days to receive the permit.

Under AB2062, it would be unlawful to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a “handgun ammunition vendor” in the Department of Justice’s database. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer’s name, driver’s license, the quantity, caliber and type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice or the number of his handgun ammunition purchase permit. Vendors would be required to contact the purchase permit database, to verify the validity of a permit before completing a sale. All ammunition sales in the State of California would be subject to a $3 per transaction tax. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines.

Please contact the members of the Assembly Public Safety Committee and your State Assembly Member TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose this onerous attack on our Second Amendment freedoms. Contact information for the committee members can be found below. Please click here to find your State Assembly Member.

State Assembly Member Jose Solorio (D-69), Chair

(916) 319-2069
[email protected]

State Assembly Member Greg Aghazarian, (R-26), Vice Chair

(916) 319-2026
[email protected]

State Assembly Member Joel Anderson (R-77)

(916) 319-2077
[email protected]

State Assembly Member Hector De La Torre (D-50)

(916) 319-2050
[email protected]

State Assembly Member Fiona Ma (D-12)

(916) 319-2012
[email protected]

State Assembly Member Anthony J. Portantino (D-44)

(916) 319-2044
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
california seems to strive to be at the fore-front of many issues----unfortunately anti-2A is one of them. And you can bet other States look to california to see what works---or what they can get away with.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
At the risk of offending any Californians amongst us....How in the world do idiots like that make it into office???? Takes lotsa other idiots to elect them.....I wouldn't VISIT California, much less live there....like volunteering to live under a dictatorship......

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Could we go back to having just 49 states?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am so fed up with the constant BS from the koo koos out in California
that I have stopped making any and all purchases from any company doing business in that liberal state...I am sure I will not cause them to go belly up but it sure makes me feel better to know I am not supporting them...

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts
For once I'm speechless and what I'm thinking isn't appropriate.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If they're having a problem taking our guns away, then they'll take our ammo. One way or another, the anti-gun crazies will try anything!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Then they will move to your having to have a permit (for a fee of course) to buy reloading equipment, primers, powder, brass, etc along with having the seller record all the sales information so they can trace that also it right to you...

Sounds lke a fellow should stop buying any more guns for a while and sink all his loose bucks in just ammo...

"Your papers!!!" Sound familar?....:eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Then they will move to your having to have a permit (for a fee of course) to buy reloading equipment, primers, powder, brass, etc along with having the seller record all the sales information so they can trace that also it right to you...

Sounds lke a fellow should stop buying any more guns for a while and sink all his loose bucks in just ammo...

"Your papers!!!" Sound familar?....:eek:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
To those of you that live in California, I have a question:

How can you bear to live in that state with all the idiotic laws, and ones like this that they want to pass? The answer sounds simple to me....move...get a job in some other state....it will probably be less explensive to live someplace else, anyway.....

You people have a bunch of idiots governing you!!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
California has been allowing illegals into the state willy-nilly for decades, and along with the illegals came illegal behavior.

The gangs are out of control out there and control the streets as they see fit murdering anyone who doesn’t go along with their program.

These dupes in the legislature are dimly aware that something went wrong somewhere the line and they know they have to do something about it even if its wrong.

This is their feeble attempt at a solution and it is wrong.

I can see what they are trying to do; they are attempting to solve their social problem by taking away one of the tools that the members of that problem use to perpetuate violence and murder without doing anything to solve the root of the problem. Taking away (theoretically) one of their tools without doing something about their gang problem only means the gangs will get their ammo out of state or use a different tool.

Punishing law-abiding citizens to get at gang members is destined to fail before it is even enacted. The strategy of the legislators is quite simple; keep passing laws until the problem goes away and never admit your mistakes from the past.

Eventually, the problem will go away, but by that time they’ll have another problem: a police state!

I have daughter in California who has a 17-year-old son. He hates California, hates the kids in the schools, and refuses to go to school out there. He pestered his divorced parents to le him come here with me and go to school in Redneckville, so it is now my job to raise my grandson.

He says the schools are full of gangs and illegals and he simply will not go. And he lived in a small city of about 30,000!

California has problems, but hamstringing law-abiding citizens is not going to solve them.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Reloaders would be addressed by requiring them to have a Ammunition Manufacturers license. With a hefty fee that would preclude anyone being able to afford it.
I moved from the Republic of Kalifornia 22 years ago, and I sure am glad I did.
It would be a neat place to live if there wern't any other people there.
California is the perfect example of a government trying to run the people's lives like they were subjects of a fifedom, instead of being there to serve the public.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hardly a day passes when I am reminded of why I returned to my home state of Missouri.

In a word...FREEDOM!

After suffering the mind numbing BS that passes for society in California, my poor soul snapped. I packed up my gear, my horse, and got the hell of there.

While there I couldn't afford a simple house, keep up car insurance, HELL, I couldn't afford to do anything that meant anything to me.

Now I have my little farm and I CAN do all my fun stuff without asking permission from arrogant buttwipes who think I have a mental condition because I like to hunt, shoot, and carry for my own reasons.

I suppose it shows just how much I detest California now don't it?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My wife can't retire for a few more years because if she does she'll lose several thousand a month in retirement, but even then I don't think we would move out of state. I can only hope that things don't get worse. But as I've stated before, the mayor of Los Angeles is hispanic and has publicly stated that "They", the hispanics, are taking California back. I think this is treasonous, but the govt won't do anything about it. Gas prices are ridiculously high in the country, but in Cali, where a bunch of oil is produced AND refined, it's about 50 cents a gallon higher than the rest of the country.

We stuck the governator in office thinking he was like the characters he portrayed, but most actors are bleeding heart liberals and it appears that's what we got. We have politicians that want to shut down all open land, are worried that condors will eat lead bullets and die (even though a university study says it's not happening!), restrict hot rod car enthusiasts, etc, etc. If it's fun, don't do it in Cali because it's probably illegal, unless you're rich and have clout in Sacramento!

I love my state, but my state doesn't give the same in return. The scary thing is that as California goes, so goes the rest of the country. I can only hope the NRA will get off their butt and do something this time.

Wash DC has a gun ban and high crime, as does Chicago, etc. Gun restrictions,etc, don't work. It's about time the morons who run the country and state figure this out!!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
HipChip. When you all retire, move to Florida...NOT Miami, or Tampa, Orlando, or any of big cities...etc....move out in the woods. Florida is much friendlier to gun ownership, and almost everything that makes sense.....it's also cheaper to live here....not much, but some.....:)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Never been to Mexifornia but I hear that state is gorgeous. From all I've read and heard, I think all the nuts congregate there to live. I'm not including you HipChip or any like you. Mexifornia has problems up the wing-wang and it's way too expensive for my blood. Making people have the correct paperwork each time they'd like to buy ammo is rediculous. My brother and my husband would constantly be standing in line. That will not lower crime. Why doesn't the law come down on the gangs? Too much abberant behavior and thinking going on in that state. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts