Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to my local gunshop range today to try out my cool new dedicated Glock 17 advantage arms 22 conversion, I had brought 300 rounds of Cci mini mags and went to shoot my new cheap trainer. After 200 rounds and no failures I found the gun shot just like a glock, so much so it was not really all that exciting, worked every time and was really accurate from a defense standpoint and pulled together offhand groups to about 1-2" at 10 yards. As I finished my session I was about to exit when I started chatting up my new glock to the manager, he proceeded to show me his cool new 22 Ruger Mark IV tactical with custom machined mount and RMR sight mounted. Asked me if I wanted to shoot it, then said sight it in a 7 yards for me. 100 rounds of ammo left in my bag I took the pistol to a private lane(Never knew they had those) and proceed to fire 10 shot strings offhand. I noticed the groups with 6MOA RMR sights were making 1 hole, and my guns don't do that. So after 9-10 round strings I got the POI to dead center at 7 yards as requested. Low and behold Mr Manager is being me now asking how I like it. He fired the last 10 rounds I loaded and was satisfied with my sight adjustment. As we were walking out he mentioned that they got a good buy on a bunch of mark IV's if I wanted one. 20 minutes later I was leaving with a real 22 target pistol. On the way home I decided I must need this or I would not have bought it, but now I am already upgrading thinking about upgrading the gun and have yet to fire it. Let this be a lesson to all of you SHOOT ALL YOUR AMMO, and don't borrow a gun you might like especially if they sell them on sight. This is my new 22 that is going to the range tomorrow to go from NIB to AS NIB to 98%.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,055 Posts
Nice!!
Have to get a set of grips like that also.

·
Exchequer
4,596 Posts
Hey there, Lollipop Man, nice pick up on the new Mark IV.

You're not a sucker. You're just someone who appreciates a fine pistol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts