Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of you are very talented with Cameras so I thought I would see what you say. My Fuji Film digital camera packced it in the other day after 5 years (4 mp 3x zoom). Not being an expert, just wanting something that takes decent photos, I did a bunch of reading and know I wanted optical zoom, and somewhat small and light for carry. I decided to buy a Kodak C875 8.1 mp and 5x optical zoom and 5x digital zoom alot of buyers had great reviews for this camera. I got it home last night to figure out that I had a burnt out pixel in the display screen and the lens shutter does not close properly. Well I was happy with the camera but still really liked all the features so I exchanged it for another. The new one works great! But I have found just playing with it and doing some more searches IT REALLY likes batteries! I am gonna buy some rechargables tonight for it. Do any of you own this Camera, or have you used it? Any other cameras that you guys might recommend? Keep in mind this was a sudden purchase so funds are tight, about 200-300 dollars tops (Any more and it cuts into my reloading funds!)What do you guys think of Kodak? I was looking at Canon too but where I am they didnt have the one I wanted.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I had a Cannon 3.2mp sure shot I think they called it and it went bonkers on me. I went out right before Christmas and bought a Kodak easy share #C703. It has a 3X optical zoom and 7.1 megapixel. All I take is snap shots of the family. It seems like it does a good job and it comes with a little charge base and rechargable batterys. So far I have taken about 300pics and only had to delete maybe ten. Good luck on your serch. I think we paid about $170.00 for it all.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I use a Kodak DX7590 5.0 Mega Pixel with 10X Optical zoom,

Click Here for a 3-D view.

It was about $400 a little over a year and half ago at Wally World...

Came with a docking station for my PC, and recharges the litium-ion battery. I've never have been able to run the batterys down... I just set it back in it's cradle to download pics to mu 'puter. It was fine when I took it to West Virgina for 7 days... no recharges.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the guy I got! I am looking at buying the docking station which comes with rechargables off ebay.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That's the one I got Aszor. It's a model #C703. They have a #C503 that looks just like it but uses AA batterys. I haven't used it on my guns yet but it does a good job on the dog and grandkids.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Baldy, thats a picture of the C875 but im sure the C703 and C503 look just like it. RNettles I had read it had good optics on, but I dont know too much about cameras so I assumed it was good. I just need to get rechargable batteries soon!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Mine has the German made optics in it too. Crystal clear at 10 X zoom. In addition, the lenses are fully enclosed and there's no exterior movement during zoom in or out... I'm very happy with mine...[8D]

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yep! They look just like that one and mine has the docking station for recharging. I didn't get the printer and all that.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by Baldy

Yep! They look just like that one and mine has the docking station for recharging. I didn't get the printer and all that.
What type of run time do you get out of the rechargables Baldy? I have been looking at the docking station at ebay.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I have a Kodak DC3400 (2mb) I keep in the car, and it's excellent. I highly recommend Kodak's Point & Click cameras. For serious photography I use a Canon EOS 1D. :)

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Also, whatever camera you decide on, make sure it has removable memory.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
+1 on the removable memory. I have 2 X 128Mb, and that gives me 2 X 75 pictures(150 @ 5.0 Mega Pixel) without having to download to a PC...

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've got probably the cheapest camera here. An Olympus Camedia 3.2 megapixel with 3X zoom. Not too good inside unless the lighting is perfect and rechargable batteries are a must since it eats regular ones.. Always keep a spare pair charged up. Works pretty good for outside shots but since my techniques leave much to be desired, thank goodness for the MS Digital Pro 9 on my computer. I'm still learning things about that program to help my photos. Some turn out right fair, others I just erase and/or delete and start over:(

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner Aszor as I been in and out all day. I got 75 pictures on the camera one time over about a 4hr or more period and it still had life in it. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts