Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about building a 10/22 for my nephew. He will want either camo or all black. As I search the internet for ideas I figure the best pool of ideas is here on this forum. If you would be willing to share please post pics of any black or camo 10/22 builds out there and if available a list of parts used.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
If it's for him, let him pick the components he would want. It'll make it exactly as he wants and make him feel a part of it more being that he picked them out himself.

As for ideas/suggestions...what style?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, first time poster long time reader (lurker). Here is my 10/22 I painted 2 years ago with Rust-Oleum paints and the texture at the hand holds is Herculiner, the last 3 coats being a matte clear. It held up very well.

16"Green Mountain fluted/threaded bull barrel
Timeny trigger
cheap Center Point 3-9x40 scope (works great).
Hope I put the pictures on here right :/

CZ

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Sounds like a blast. Im sure he'll love it.

Maybe have him check out the OD Green Hogue Rubber Over molded stocks. Another option in that Camo/Black military feel.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If it's for him, let him pick the components he would want. It'll make it exactly as he wants and make him feel a part of it more being that he picked them out himself.

As for ideas/suggestions...what style?
That is a great idea from BlkHawk73.

If possible, consider having him help with the 10/22 build. A great opportunity for some mentoring, learning about firearms, and pride in his abilities.

·
Registered
75 Posts
CharlieZulu thats a nice looking 10/22 ya have. But im liken the the box of Dynamite sitten next to the fire place.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
That is a great idea from BlkHawk73.

If possible, consider having him help with the 10/22 build. A great opportunity for some mentoring, learning about firearms, and pride in his abilities.
Did this with my son. First time, some of the choices were a "what do ya think of _______?" so he got a feel for what was what and picking/choosing to fit the style. Had him help with tightening things and with the trigger job. The second time it was all him. He chose what stock he wanted, the barrel, everything. No prodding or overt suggesting to get him to go with what I'd want - it was all him - except the paying part. ;) Got the pieces and he did the disassembly and all the reassembly. With a little assistance, he even did his own hammer/sear change. Made for a fun and rewarding project for both of us and even more so for him sense it was truly all him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts