Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably got this on the wrong board. Found a Ruger .17HMR I'd like at KyGunCo. Are they allowed to sell to out of state residents. Sent em an email + they haven't replied. Wife could use a road trip. Been out of phones + power for 3 days, just got back up + runnin.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I believe that there is a provision for an FFL dealer to sell long guns to residents of adjoining states. Otherwise ship to FFL in your state.

Bruce

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe that there is a provision for an FFL dealer to sell long guns to residents of adjoining states. Otherwise ship to FFL in your state.

Bruce
Aha, then maybe there's still a chance. OH + KY do share a common border. We share one with PA also, but don't admit to it during football season! ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
I live in KCMO and purchased a carbine from a Kansas gun store. I was able to take the gun with me when I bought it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I believe FireEscape is correct. I live near KYGUNCO and I highly recommend going during the week. Saturdays are a zoo there and Sundays they are closed.
During this rush in buying they are not good about emails or even answering the phone, but it is well worth the trip.

·
Super Moderator
3,412 Posts
Out of state long guns are allowed. I live in Michigan and bought a rifle in Wyoming once. But call and check with the shop. The shop might have a company policy that is more strict than the letter of the law. Maybe even offer to make a deposit so that it doesn’t get sold while you are in transit.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe FireEscape is correct. I live near KYGUNCO and I highly recommend going during the week. Saturdays are a zoo there and Sundays they are closed.
During this rush in buying they are not good about emails or even answering the phone, but it is well worth the trip.
Hey that's good to know, I'll heed the advice about weekends. Wish it was warmer, love that Thirsty Pedaler in Louisville.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, thanx for all the help! Got a new member to the family, Ruger American Mod 8336 .17HMR. Wanted the grey stock, but green's gonna have to do. Wife + I leavin in the morn, bout a 6 hr drive from us. Layover in either Louisville or Lexington + come home Thurs. This stock photo's a .22WMR, Ruger doesn't list my 8336 yet.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
New gun and a mini vacation trip. Throw in some fishing or a visit to a Kentucky distiller and it would be the perfect get away.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also like the green stock. I recently bought a Ruger American .22 lr with black stock. If the magazine well wasn't different, I offer to trade stocks!
Nowadays, yah take what you can get. What I really wanted was the 8353 which is SS and black stock. I'll be happy with this, especially since the wife's payin. She bought me a Security 9 for my birthday + this is Merry Xmas.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Probably got this on the wrong board. Found a Ruger .17HMR I'd like at KyGunCo. Are they allowed to sell to out of state residents. Sent em an email + they haven't replied. Wife could use a road trip. Been out of phones + power for 3 days, just got back up + runnin.
I believe an FFL can sell a long gun that meets the criteria of a minimum length barrel of 16" and 18" for shotgun, and has a minimum overall length of 36" (depending on the state and/or jurisdiction) to a non-state resident. They just can't sell a handgun / pistol to an out-of-state resident.
Check your local and state laws, as well as the state you will be purchasing from (KY) to see what their criteria is!
Be smart...educate yourself...live responsibly!

Reactions: mark40

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nowadays, yah take what you can get. What I really wanted was the 8353 which is SS and black stock. I'll be happy with this, especially since the wife's payin. She bought me a Security 9 for my birthday + this is Merry Xmas.
I'm even more green with envy now! Dude, you better get her something REAL nice in return.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I believe an FFL can sell a long gun that meets the criteria of a minimum length barrel of 16" and 18" for shotgun, and has a minimum overall length of 36" (depending on the state and/or jurisdiction) to a non-state resident. They just can't sell a handgun / pistol to an out-of-state resident.
Check your local and state laws, as well as the state you will be purchasing from (KY) to see what their criteria is!
Be smart...educate yourself...live responsibly!
I could be wrong, but I also believe that if you live in a state where a certain rifle is outlawed, you cannot purchase that rifle in another state.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts