·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need input.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Hmm, i don't have either but I have to think the answer is almost certainly "no". The cartridges are completely different, 9mm being rimless and 357 being rimmed. Plus if it were possible, moonclips would be widely touted as a reload option for 38/357. And they aren't. Speedloaders are the closest option.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
No. The rimless 9mm case and rimmed 357 magnum case require different sizes ...the moon clips are not interchangeable .
Although moon clips in a revolver seem like a great idea...I find them a pain to load and unload and prefer my revolver rounds to just have a rim.
Gary

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,434 Posts
Another NO. Even if they would fit the case, moon clips would not fit in any 357 revolver without milling the cylinder face. Most moon clips are about .030 thick and most revolvers have a headspace of about .010". That means there just isn't enough room for the cylinder to close. If you want to use moon clips with a DA revolver, a gunsmith can mill the cylinder face about .030". This can be done in such a manner where cartridges will headspace on the rim without moon clips and headspace on the moon clips when they are used. Avoid all the costs and hassle and just use a speed loader.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts