Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member to the forum and live in Canada, ARs are restricted up here but I think hunting coyotes on my ranch would be ok , all Rugers that I have are great , but was wondering how the ARs from Ruger stack up.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would say the SR-556 is great, had mine for over a year and a half and have had zero issues with it. I would suggest replacing the trigger, best improvement by far, I have the geissele SSA and it is amazing. It is a fine rifle as many will agree.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
howdy and welcome from middle Dixie.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have not had my 556FB that long and have only run about 250 rounds through it, so take the review for what it is worth. I really, really like this gun. It shoots well, just feels solid and is high quality all the way around except for maybe the stock. It is just ok. You can find cheaper, you can build one, but this one as far as complete is great. Do some searching on this sight for lots of different reviews and comments on it and others. It basically comes down to your preference and what you are willing to spend.

About the only faults with it that you will read are carrier tilt (seems to have been taken care of as a concern a few years ago and was apparently only in the initial year or so) weight (it is heavy but I'm not trekking long distances with it so the extra weight actually is a good thing for my use) and the trigger (it is pretty heavy and must have been designed by lawyers).

·
The Original Magic Man
744 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Stone Mountain Georgia

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome from "The Mountain State" of WV

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.