Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to order a rear sight assembly for my New Model Blackhawk for over a year. Midway and Brownell have them backordered and keep moving their "expected in"date. Numrich has the old model Blackhawk but not the new. I'm guessing Ruger's sales volume is keeping them from doing runs of spares. Anyone know where I can find one???

·
Registered
233 Posts
Don't know if this is an option, but the Bowen Rough Country sights are a great alternative and I believe are drop ins. I'm having a set installed on my custom Bisley.

·
Registered
109 Posts
mje... can't tell whether you actually spoke with Ruger service in New Hampshire (603) 865-2442. Seems Ruger should keep a bin full of sights at all times. Ask for the tallest rear insert, with .125" wide notch. Unless you just have to have that panoramic .140" wide notch.
David Bradshaw

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why didn't I think of calling Ruger first??? ;-) Just got off the phone. They're sending it- no charge! Amazing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have replaced all the stock rear sights on my Ruger(s) with Bowen sights, so have a few on hand if anyone else needs one. $25 shipped. Are take offs from NMBH's.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Why didn't I think of calling Ruger first??? ;-) Just got off the phone. They're sending it- no charge! Amazing.
That's no surprise to me. Ruger knows how to take care of their customers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have replaced all the stock rear sights on my Ruger(s) with Bowen sights, so have a few on hand if anyone else needs one. $25 shipped. Are take offs from NMBH's.
I received my new sight from Ruger, but I'm curious- why did you go with the Bowen sights? How do they improve on the stock sights? Do they require fitting? And which model(s) did you get?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think they give a better sight picture with the flat blade. More positive clicks for adjustment and, besides, they look cool!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts