Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I both have the LC9s gun. Both of them are only a few months old and have only been shot with a couple of times.

I am trying to take them apart to clean them and can't get the slide off (on EITHER gun). I flipped the lever down and removed the pin. I've watched a dozen youtube videos and that's all they do! Flip the lever down over the pin, pop the pin out and then poof they push the slide forward and it comes right off. But our's will not budge going forward.

I can push the slide backwards with ease and lock the slide back / open. But when I try to push it forward to take the slide off it will not move.

What am I missing?

It's odd to me that I'm having the same problem with BOTH guns.

·
Registered
76 Posts
As said above, you need to pull the trigger and release the half cocked firing pin before being able to slide the slide off. If it's a PRO model just pull the trigger. If it's the NON-PRO model it should have come with an orange "dummy mag" that needs to be inserted before being able to pull the trigger. If you don't have the "dummy mag", you can use a regular mag, but make sure 1000% that it is unloaded, then make sure 1000% 3 more times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much! That worked!!

Funny that I watched a dozen youtube videos and NONE of them showed to dry fire it with a magazine in

·
Registered
3 Posts
Springfield XD and XDM along with glock models are the same way. Just be careful that a. it's unloaded (check multiple times) and b. you aren't holding the gun with the muzzle down. Gravity takes effect and your slide will hit the deck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts