Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent Online Form communication and 6 working days later got an email message that a technition would call me. Three working days later, nothing. Then I receive an email instructing me to call for a RMA. Called yesterday and got a message that their phones were down (holiday?). Called today, 6 times to be put on hold, then cut off three times after 15 minute waits. Called back and left messages (three times). Last call was told I was fourth in line......waited several minutes then was told I was 7th in line. So far, I've spent almost an hour with a phone stuck to my ear and still have not spoken to a live person.

Frustrating!!!!!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'll bet they're back logged do to the holiday.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll bet they're back logged do to the holiday.
Being backed up doesn't explain why I'm getting cut-off or why I go from 4th in line to 7th in line on the same call.

It's like they see my caller ID and say "There's that guy again. Cut him off!"

·
Registered
12,851 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Sent Online Form communication and 6 working days later got an email message that a technition would call me. Three working days later, nothing. Then I receive an email instructing me to call for a RMA. Called yesterday and got a message that their phones were down (holiday?). Called today, 6 times to be put on hold, then cut off three times after 15 minute waits. Called back and left messages (three times). Last call was told I was fourth in line......waited several minutes then was told I was 7th in line. So far, I've spent almost an hour with a phone stuck to my ear and still have not spoken to a live person.

Frustrating!!!!!
Ruger appears to "celebrate" Columbus Day. Same as last year.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I've called Ruger many times about stuff. I never had a problem talking to someone. I might have to wait like everyone else but have never been pushed back in numbers or cut off. Something doesn't sound right. Good luck. I'm sure you'll get through eventually.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm taking a deep breath. Waiting for a return call and if it doesn't come by tomorrow AM, I'll try again. If it's phone system problems, hopefully it will get fixed by then.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've called Ruger many times about stuff. I never had a problem talking to someone. I might have to wait like everyone else but have never been pushed back in numbers or cut off. Something doesn't sound right. Good luck. I'm sure you'll get through eventually.
That is how my two experiences with them went. Both were for the same issue, but they wanted me to check my pistol to answer a question before determining whether to send it in and I had to call back after checking the gun at home.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Call them eight times, today, and was disconnected seven times. Got down to "third in line" once. Evidently, their system "reached max capacity." When I finally got through, she apologized for the problems. Seems I wasn't the only one.

Got all the info I needed, though. Great customer service once I got through.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Just got off the phone with them. The lady was super nice but not knowledgable at all.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update!

Called this AM and got through first time. Received shipping label, got it packaged and about to go to UPS. This will be the third time back to CS. I have high hopes that it will be fixed this time.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
I called today about sending in one of my P90's,I got the "office is closed" message,waited and called back and got in with only a 2 minute wait.The girl was very cordial put me in the "New" system got me an RMA and was on my way.Took maybe 10 minutes total...

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Sent mine in on the 10th they got it on the 11th and it has already been assigned to a tech turn aound 7-10 days.Called them today and was the first inline got the info in about 5 minutes,I feel like they are on task...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sent mine in on the 10th they got it on the 11th and it has already been assigned to a tech turn aound 7-10 days.Called them today and was the first inline got the info in about 5 minutes,I feel like they are on task...
Encouraging.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
The technician called me on thursday night 10-11-12 about 6pm our time and said he put 40 rounds through it and said it was working OK.:eek: I had sent it in for a very long DA trigger pull and made sure I reproduced it multiple times.He said he could replace the trigger bar but I would have to pay for it.I said fine give me a cost,he then told me one of the girls would call me the next day with a cost. i never got a call so I called today and the girl said that it was ready to be shipped and they replaced the trigger bar and gave me a tracking number and said it's on its way. That IS great customer service...:D

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CS called me Monday and said they were sending a new LCR to my dealer. It should take a couple of weeks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts