Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hand-waxed my truck; we try to wax at least twice a year. I like Mother's Wax in the red can. I use Never-Dull on the ss side step pipes, then a coat of wax. It has really helped us keep the rust away & is worth the effort. Do you guys wax your vehicles too?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yes I do. I normally wash my truck at least every 2 weeks. I was at work last week, came out for 10:00 break. Discovered someone had hit my truck. Left a couple of pretty good dings (about 3inch by 1/2 inch) in the side of the bed. Pissed me off. Oh well what do you do.
Later
Waggie

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yup I use 3m products scratch remover and cleaner then final finish to top it off , then once a year I USE 3M PAINT PROTECTOR ,

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Used to wash and wax regularly. Now?

I have a beater Volvo wagon that I carry the dogs in. It only gets washed in the winter (salt).

The wife's car is another Volvo but an S80 Turbo AWD. I hand it over to a professional I trust for a annual wax. It get washed more often in the winter and some in the summer.

After owning ~45 cars, getting all misty about them is pretty old.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I mostly run mine through an automatic wash, hand wash a couple of times a year. Then I do the clay and wax routine. Usually wax it before winter hits.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cars about twice a year. My motorcycle,on the other hand,about once a month. But then,I ride the bike to work about 50 weeks out of the year,70 mile round trip,plus wherever else I go.(Got to love living this far south!) So the bike gets about 18 -20,000 miles a year. Plus I park it in the maintenance shop about 8 feet from my desk,so that kind of gives me time to clean and wax it more!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Modern car finishes will not withstand anything that is the least abrasive for very long. You see so many cars with large patches of paint or clearcoat "waxed off".

All my xB gets is the Turtle Wax spray and wipe wax, works like furniture polish. You just have to be sure the car is clean first.

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
I wax this twice each year and like Mothers but have been lazy using Turtle wax Ice lately.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Does anyone remember the old lacquer type paint?
Back in the 60s as a high school kid I worked in an auto body shop as a floor gofer. I distinctly remember helping out with a black lacquer paint job on a '57 T-Bird ... and a purple metalflake '59 Impala.

I think the fumes ate part of my brain. :eek:

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Back in the 60s as a high school kid I worked in an auto body shop as a floor gofer. I distinctly remember helping out with a black lacquer paint job on a '57 T-Bird ... and a purple metalflake '59 Impala.

I think the fumes ate part of my brain. :eek:
All the good paint jobs were lacquered. If you ever made a mistake or needed to redue a panel it was easy.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I use the automatic car wash frequently...then get a hand wash and wax from one of the grandsons who wants to earn $20 bucks and use my materials for the ford supercrew.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts