Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I live (FL), it's very humid most of the year. As such, it makes me have to clean my leather holsters, boots, and riding leathers every year from mold and or mildew. Is anyone aware of any products for leather that help combat this issue? Thanks in advance.

·
Pony Soldier
8,786 Posts
I recently had a holster maker tell me he uses olive oil.

Greg

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Beef tallow with a little bit of turpentine to cut the smell is what my ex-father-in-law told me to use. He used it on all his leather goods. Works great on waterproofing your boots when you are hunting in the swamp. He was born in the early 1900's and was raised when times were hard and you utilized everything.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Filson boot oil finish works well for me.

·
Registered
17,305 Posts
I use Neatsfoot Oil, that I get at a Farmers and Ranchers store by the quart at a reasonable price. I use it on boots, nail bags and all kinds of stuff, even on my leather couch. Just don't use any kind of oil on a formed holster.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I use Neatsfoot Oil, that I get at a Farmers and Ranchers store by the quart at a reasonable price. I use it on boots, nail bags and all kinds of stuff, even on my leather couch. Just don't use any kind of oil on a formed holster.
+1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts