Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I’m going to have to get surgery on my wrists to treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome here in a couple of months, and I was wondering if any of you folks had the surgery, and what affect it had on your shooting, and how long was it before you could shoot again?

Right now, when I shoot even 50 rounds or so of 9mm my wrists get pretty sore that night. I’ve lost about 50 percent of the feeling in my first couple of fingers on both hands, so after it heals, I hope the sensitivity coming back will help with accuracy.:)

Any ways, I go in for the surgical console in a couple of weeks, and then as soon as I get back from turkey hunting in South Carolina around the first of April, I’m going to have to get cut (I think they do each hand about 3 weeks apart). I just hope it doesn’t keep me off the range for too long!:confused:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I haven't had it done, but I hear that you'll be very happy you did. I read another thread about this, maybe at the other Ruger forum, and I believe that Gunman has had the surgery. I hope all goes well, buddy. :)

·
Count Ursunk
3,325 Posts
hope everything works out good john...had problems with my left wrist awile back and thought it might be cts but it wasnt. went to 5 different docs....the problem wasnt diagnosed untill the last visit with the last doc on the chain....said I just had a bad wrist...fusion of the wrist bones were the only way to pain relief. started to drink a lot of water and black cherry juice. doing a lot better now. couldnt imagine not being able to open a door whith a fused wrist.....take care.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My wife had carpel tunnel surgery done on both wrists several years ago, but the relief from the numbness and the associated incapacitations were well worth it.

Her surgeries were more than three weeks apart and I know what she went through, so I know it won’t be easy for you. On the bright side, she healed up and never had anymore trouble.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Yep, I have had it done. Best thing I ever did. Before I had it done, my entire arm would go to sleep while I was asleep. I would wake up and I could not move my arm. I would have to take my other arm to even move it, and when it would "wake up" it would hurt like the dickens. I also would drop stuff and not even realize it. Surgery took care of that completely. It took a few months for me to get the feeling back in a couple of fingers (that were like that before the surgery). Working at Fruit of the Loom for 8 years is what done it to me. Now NAFTA has them in Hondurus doing it to them!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gunman, I know exactly what your talking about (the dropping stuff is the worst part, it just makes you feel like a clutz). It just got to the point where I am looking forward to having it done because my hands just hurt a lot.

How long was it before you could shoot again?

Keith, I think I may just have to do that. I will be going into the city this weekend, and maybe I can swing by Best Buy to see what they have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts