Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What ammo do you carry in your LCP? I ordered mine a few minutes ago and don't know what ammo to use. I am thinking the Hornady Critical Defense will be a good starting point, but was wondering about others. Such as Corbon DPX, Buffalo Bore Hard Cast, Speer GDHP, Fed Hydrashocks, etc.

So, what is yours stoked with???

Thanks!
3screw41mag

·
Registered
991 Posts
I carry Gold Dots in my SD firearms too. However in my LCP I alternate the 90gr GDHP's with W-W 95gr FMJ-FN everyother round.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hornady CD

·
Registered
89 Posts
Speer GDHP now....I would also use Hornady CD FTX but my LGS is always sold out. I feel JHP could go completely thru the bad guy.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I prefer Winchester Ranger T or Speer Gold Dots in my SD pistols. I don't have an LCP, but do have a TCP. For it I have both RA380T Rangers or PDX1 95gr JHP.

·
Registered
256 Posts
mixed message

95 gr Win Ranger T (RA380T) in the chamber and first up in the magazine followed by 5 90gr Speer Gold Dot.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right now looks like I will be buying critical defense and gold dots to try. I am going to practice with Winchester white box fmj.

·
Banned
698 Posts
I carry gold dot. Still waiting for someone to make another eagle black talon. That ammo was the best expansion round I've ever carried. But uncle fed. Banned it. It was that good.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Critical Defense

1 - 20 of 20 Posts