Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Conceal carry a P95

Does anyone conceal carry a P95 and if so which holster do you use. I am leaning towards a High Noon Bare Asset or a crossbreed supertuck.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I carry a P95 every day. I use either a Don Hume IWB or High Noon Split Decision. I have Crossbreed Super Tuck on order.

The P95 hides well and all of them are good holsters depending on the manner of dress.

I select my holster the same time I select my manner of dress for the day.

tk

·
Registered
947 Posts
I use a Don Hume 721OT on a Leatherman belt.

A

·
0 Posts
I use either a Don Hume IWB or High Noon Split Decision. I have Crossbreed Super Tuck on order.

The P95 hides well and all of them are good holsters depending on the manner of dress.
Reviving this thread.

I too am looking at carrying a P89. What are the differences/benefits/trade-offs of the holsters you mention, and how doew the manner of dress fit into the equation? Sorry my ignorance, but I know nothing about holsters, conceal or otherwise. :confused:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Reviving this thread.

I too am looking at carrying a P89. What are the differences/benefits/trade-offs of the holsters you mention, and how doew the manner of dress fit into the equation? Sorry my ignorance, but I know nothing about holsters, conceal or otherwise. :confused:
I'm at the same intersection,and looking at my options. I ordered a Gould and Goodrich #B803-P94 OWB high-ride leather holster for my P944 yesterday,and will let you know how it rides and conceals when it gets here. It was $58 shipped to me.
Here's one they list for the P89 for $41.33:

http://www.ondutygear.com/b733-p90.html
JL

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm not sure what all the holster abbreviations mean. Outside waist band? How does that work as a concealed carry holster? Do you have to wear a large, loose jacket, or ...?
Yes,that would be Outside Waist Band. A large jacket isn't needed,usually a size or two larger shirt than you would normally wear is sufficient,or an IWB(Inside Waist Band) holster if you're uncomfortable carrying OWB.
JL

·
Registered
269 Posts
My opinion/advice.. When looking for the right carry holster, you are starting the search for the "holy grail" of concealed carry with one difference - what works for me, may not be right for you. Advice number 1 and the most important in my opinion .. buy a good belt. Without a good platform, even a great holster will suffer. While standard dress or work belts may suffice for a while, they are not made to stand the stress of carrying a firearm - buy a belt designed for carrying a gun, you'll save money in the long run. Advice number 2, be prepared to acquire more than one holster. Different seasons, different modes of dress, different guns, your "feeling of comfort" - all will bolster the need to buy a drawer full of holsters. I've got about 8 holsters - some OWB holsters and some IWB holsters. Some are "assembly line" holsters and some are "custom" holsters. They all work after a fashion; but the ones I now use on a daily basis (because they work best for me) are my Milt Sparks VMII IWB holster and my Tucker Gunleather Silent Thunder - also an IWB model. The Sparks is my most comfortable IWB holster and the Tucker my most convenient. Both are "custom" made and worth every penny I paid. I guess what I'm saying is - you'll learn what works for you as you go. IWB carry may require clothes with a larger waist size, while an OWB will require looser shirts/jackets worn outside rather than tucked in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts