Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What holster would you recommend for carrying a 6" GP 100 comfortably? I was using an Uncle Mike's nylon holster, and it just seemed to want to pull my pants down. Would something that carries a little higher do a better job?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The GP in 6" barrel is kinda tough on most people as a carry weapon. I'm guessing you just want a belt holster while hiking and camping, normal outdor activities. Look into the Galco Phoenix Dual Position Belt Holster, for about 90 bucks, PHX106.
In the Ruger catalog No. 84117 has the Ruger Logo on it, IIRC.
http://www.lapolicegear.com/gaphdupobeho.html
or
http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-dual-position-phoenix-holsters.html
There are several other brands like Don Hulme, Fobus or Bianchi.
I suggest going away from the nylon for extended carry. A good belt of the proper width also helps in distributing the weight.
Good luck and let us know what you find.

·
Banned
723 Posts
For the 6" guns I like a Verticle Shoulder Holster.

They tend to work well if I'm not trying to conceal the gun, unless it's under a coat. If you are looking to conceal it I'd have to suggest whacking about 3" off the Barrel. :) Shoulder Holsters don't tend to work well for me, unless it's for one of my Hunting Guns, and those aren't concealed in any way.

Biker

·
Banned
108 Posts
Bianchi Cyclone 111 leather thumbsnap. Can be used crossdraw and strongside , and suede lined. cheaperthandirt has them for $61.00 which is the lowest price anywhere. I have this for my 6" GP100 and when I carry it in the field I use it cross draw and it is very comfortable.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm with Infantryman on this. I've used the Bianchi Cyclone for a Security Six, a 6" GP100, a S&W 629 and a S&W model 29 Mountain Gun.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The Bianchi Cyclone 111 is also a good solid rig. The size you need is the # 06 for the RUGER GP100 6" in Plain Tan, stock# 12696 for right hand, and # 12697 for left hand.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Uncle Mike's nylon holster for my 6" GP100 and it works just fine. I use a separate belt for the holster and no problem pulling down your pants.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I, too, use a separate belt for my 6" GP100, with a nylon Uncle Mike's holster....I was using a regular belt, but found that a military style (the adjustable one with holes) works much better....It's not pretty, but it really does the job, and stays secured, when I'm on an ATV ......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts