Ruger Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
So, what is it exactly that you don't like about HK?

Man, you don't have a chip on your shoulder, it's a two-ton slab.....
Nah, H&k make alright guns (although overpriced and with poor ergonomics), the article is 1/2 in humor.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,324 Posts
brimic, Why don't you tell us how you really feel about HKs? BTW, I agree with your above post ... no HKs for me!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'll put on my flame-retardent suit and go out on a limb here: I LIKE the P7. If Ach AND Kay would produce the P7M7 I'd sell a half-dozen of my other guns to have one.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I'll put on my flame-retardent suit and go out on a limb here: I LIKE the P7. If Ach AND Kay would produce the P7M7 I'd sell a half-dozen of my other guns to have one.
I like your signature line. I'm making some ashes as I write this.

No flame here. I'm neutral in this... kind of like the Swiss. ;)

I've never owned or shot an HK, though I am familiar with some of it's models. I wasn't familiar with the P7. So, I looked it up.

Heckler & Koch P7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting pistol, though I can't say I'd want one. It seems overly complicated to me, but then it is German. I have a P-08 Luger which amazes me with it's design. I think politics is the only reason that design didn't catch on.

However, Glock and my FN SCAR17S are simplistic in nature. The SCAR, especially. It's an incredible rifle that shoots very accurately and cleanly while remaining relatively cool.

As with most things German, such as BMW's and Mercedes, they tend to be over engineered, but quality products. I figure HK's are the same. And I assume the reason so many aren't available to the public, is because either they're classified as class III or they're limiting production to military or LE.

I do think they're overpriced to compete on the open market. The stars aligned for me to have purchased the SCAR. I doubt that will ever happen again. But I'm glad I own it. It took me months (nearly a year) to be able to buy additional mags. And I now have 5 and no more arms and legs. ;)

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
I wonder if Diane watches future weapons to figure out what goes in her next proposed ban. Caseless ammo is just so bad in so many ways, I'm sure. And a ceaseless h&k, that would be real bad.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts