Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you fellas loading lead for your favorite shooter or thinking about casting your own, pop on over to castboolits.gunloads.com. Them ole boys eat and breath non-jacketed performance. It's all about the poured projectile, really a nice bunch of folks.

LongPoint

·
Super Moderator
21,710 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,710 Posts
I purchased 500 last summer and those were the prices. Give him a call I suspect they are good. What I like is they include delivery. I'm guessing he has a cheap supply of lead (like wheel weights) so hasn't had to increase pricing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Casting your own is a lot of fun and adds to the accomplishment of making your own ammo, but it does take time. I recommend the CB board above if you are interested.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Because of the rising cost of all metals, casting is a previously obscure art that is enjoying a huge revival. The down side to that is that many suppliers of moulds, bullet sizers, gas checks, and alloy are backordering and those items are hard to find. Wheel weights, which I used to get for free or nearly free are selling for up to $1 per pound.

If you're thinking of getting into casting, you better check on alloy availability first.

Those of you that buy your cast bullets better prepare for sticker shock!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been very happy with mastercast bullets. They are very hard and have not given me any leading to speak of.

www.mastercast.net/cast_bullets.htm

They have very reasonable prices and will fill a flat rate USPS priority box up the max weight ~70lbs, so shipping is very reasonable for several 1000 bullets. They usually ship same day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you guys think Rugers are addictive, just wait 'till you catch the boolit casting bug. I have molds for every caliber that I own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.