Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a fun older Uberti from the Iver Johnson period (mid '70s). This is the second one of these I've owned and is chambered for .357 The first one was a .44

Wish it was a .45, but I don't know if they were ever made.

·
Registered
335 Posts
morsecode,... Vary Cool...<:))

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Those things are scarce as hen's teeth. Really neat piece. Uberti still makes the carbine revolver and fairly priced too. Bet it is fun to shoot - for sure. I think they still make them but only in 45c with an 18" barrel. They are not with the stock detachable. Got to be something with the GCA'68 I'll bet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. It's fun to carry around and plink with. Wish I had a horse. That would complete the image :D

One thing I learned with the .44 years ago...You shouldn't fire it without hearing protection. I unwittingly took a rifle firing stance and squeezed the trigger. Imagine holding a .44 revolver close to your head and firing it. Not good. Thankfully, they were only .44 Specials and not magnums. Shook my fillings loose and it was a week before my eardrum was back to normal.

Ah, I was young and dumb. Now I'm not young anymore.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had one in the late 80's and had to sell it. :( Accuracy was pretty good, but every now and then I would get peppered in the face with lead shavings and burning powder. I liked shooting it as a revolver better anyways. Been on the lookout for a few years for another one but haven't run across one yet. I don't think they ever made one in .45, but I did see a fella that had a complete set with the carbine, a 4-3/4" revolver and a .22 derringer. He told me they only made the Derringer for a short time and not many made. I don't know if that's true or not though. You have a nice looking shooter there.
Brian

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just bought the same gun in .45 colt tonight from another forum. I'm pretty psyched cause it's the caliber I always wanted on the buntline. Now I either sell the .357, or start scouting for the .44 mag to complete the trio. [:p]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts