Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to reloading, and in discussing Brands of brass with a friend, he advised against reloading CBC brass. I am doing light to med loads for practice/plinking.

Opinions please.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I use those all the time with hot loads over and over. They do seem thicker like a Starline case as seating pressure is a little more than say an RP or a Winchester. What gets me is just how much shorter a Hornady LeverEvolution 45 Colt case is. It looks around 1/32" shorter for some reason.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use the CBC brass in 38 and 357 loads all the time I treat it like any other brass.

45longcolt this will probably answer you question.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am new to reloading, and in discussing Brands of brass with a friend, he advised against reloading CBC brass. I am doing light to med loads for practice/plinking.

Opinions please.
Ken,

I've shot MagTech brass (CBC head stamp ) and reloaded it. There is nothing wrong with it at all. It is good brass.
The only problem you might run into is some of it has a very deep cannelure and that sometimes interferes with seating long bullets.

As for the Hornady cases used with their gummy tip bullets I relegate that to be shortened to .45 Schofield length. Far as I'm concerned it has no other useful purpose.

Joe

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
You didn't say what cal. you were reloading but I have reloaded CBC in .45acp many, many times with no problems. It's mostly range pick-up brass so I really don't know how many times it's been reloaded before I got it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I too load CBC brass, primarily 9mm as I got a bulk deal. It seems harder and seems to run on the short side in case length. Otherwise no issues.

·
Registered
75 Posts
CK,

I have 100 CBC pieces in 44mag and keep it together in a MTM plastic hundred rd box as a "family" of brass. It has reloaded well (6 - 7 times).

moose

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
same here ive used cbc brass in alot of calibers and have no real complaints, works fine for me and alot of it has 4-6 loads on them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts