Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got ahold of a 1981 Ruger ss Speed-Six and I been getting everything together to make it my main carry gun. Spurless Hammer(thanks Swamper),Tyler T-Grips, and a Don Hume Holster(thanks Sheepdog). Now with a hole lot of practice we'll see if everything works out. The guns up to it but I don't know about the old man behind it.:D
:D
:D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
thats a class "A" rig you got there!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Looks like a hot rig right thar! That is some sure nuff CC wisdom.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like it... Nice custom touch...<:))

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If YOU can't make it, I better sell my guns and start dribblin' down my shirt right now...who you tryin' to kid....wish you were here drivin' my streets with that fine rig!!! You'll have what it takes when you're 82....83, I'm not sure about...:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like your set-up. When you put the new hammer in did you have to do anything to the trigger action,like convert it to DA only?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks gentleman for looking at my rig. To answer your question Mr Rmeron I did polish off the hammer a little as it had some sharpe burrs on it. I took a piece of window glass and some wet/dry paper 800 grit and a little light machine oil. I worked it back and forth with equal strokes on both sides of the hammer. I broke the edges with a supper fine stone I got from Brownells. The trigger is a little long but very smooth. That's what I have to learn at the range.
Hey Sheepdog you like that Don Hume? I do. You gave me good advise. Thanks Buddy.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Clean, close, and simple-grab it and go-they do it right...how did you use the glass? New one on me....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Awesome! I love wood and tyler grips. This is an ultimate rig...and of course you are up to it. One just has to get in "revolver" shape.

·
Registered
758 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Baldy The guns up to it but I don't know about the old man behind it.:D
I have all the confidence in the world that you will rise to the occasion!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Clean, close, and simple-grab it and go-they do it right...how did you use the glass? New one on me....
Hi Sheepdog. The glass is a small piece about 1/4" thick and about 4"x 6". It just makes for a real flat surface to sand down things like triggers, hammers and other parts. Woods wrap and such and glass don't.:D

Best,Baldy.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yup Baldy,... I used to Lap the Heads on My Racing Engines on a piece of Plate Glass... Works Good...<:))

1 - 19 of 19 Posts