Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I use them all the time, never a problem. Glock uses them to test their pistols. They are five some thing a box at Academy Sports. Pops

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
No problem with the casings... but they have "stiff" primers. If you have a reduced power hammer spring, you may get Fail To Ignite(FTI).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My P95 is all factory. I don't mind a stiffer DA since I don't like to use the safety because it's hard for a lefty like me to get it off without twisting my wrist around. It's good to hear that CCI blazers are no problem. They sell them for $5.69 at the Academy here.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I use CCI Brass Blazer ammo in my P97. It's great ammo at a great price.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Never had a problem with the casings. I like the stiffer primers especially with my rifles with inline magazines. The only aluminum casings I've used are 9 mm and .22

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've used aluminum cased Blazer in my P95 many times and never had a problem. Of course it was a Ruger P95 and we know they will eat any ammo and put it downrange right on target.

I've never seen it in .45ACP or .380 though, do they make aluminum cased in those calibers?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep-both-Midway USA shows 'em-bet we can beat that price, though, at Natchez or Ammoman or ???????? Midway's shipping dept. must all drive Lexus.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I buy it all the time at Academy Sports. It is the cheapest ammo I can buy. Unfortunately, the price has been bumped up a couple of times this year. $569 a box now. Before Jan 2006, it was $3.86!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
In 9mm? I've got to check the.45s---I think your typo caused some cardiacs....but give it a year or two the way prices are going up!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Academy has the best price on Blazer here. But they also have a house brand that is cheaper still. I have not used these but a friend has.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The house brand for 9mm at Academy is Monarck. It is a steel case and it is at least a dollar cheaper than the Blazer. I have not had any problem with either. The Academy house brand for .45ACP is 13.00 and the Blazer Alumunum caseing for 10 something. BTW mt P85 does not like the Winchester 9mm. Every box that I have had two to three have failed to feed. I just will not buy any more espesially since I have cheap good ammo that works.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
The only problem i see with the aluminum blazers is they are not reloadable--course if it is cheap enough that is not a concern.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts